Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have made some repairs on restauraunt equipment and have all been small. Both aluminum and stainless. I used the TIG every time, the pieces I had to repair were small and a spool gun on the aluminum would have been too big, probably not impossible but would not have looked as nice. The racks and trays usually have cracked welds which can be easily tig'd up. Most of the time with little or no prep. Most equipment is pretty clean [no paint and little oxidation]. Although the Mig is easier to learn the small repairs would be better handled with TIG, or....just buy em both
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

i think if he is trying to break into the market it would be best to have both MIG and TIG as an option. if not TIG would be a better choice if only one welder is to be had. TIG will alow you to work on anything. turning away biusness when first starting is tuff to get away with as you will likely never get back into there rolodex or call list . telling them you hope to be able to do that in a few months or weeks will put you out of there emergency repair plan fast.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Thumbs up

Your right if he's breaking into the market he should have both, I thought he was doing it for himself in which case he should still have both.... ha ha ha
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    Your right if he's breaking into the market he should have both, I thought he was doing it for himself in which case he should still have both.... ha ha ha
    (RULE #1)theres no such thing as having too many welders
    welding...its awsome

unforchenetly there is such a thing as not enough $$ to get them all.
    but its nice to try.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    unforchenetly there is such a thing as not enough $$ to get them all.
    but its nice to try.
    sadly all to true
    welding...its awsome