Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Acouple of small jobs from New Zealand

Heres a couple of pix to show you guys. The SS fan and airscrubber I made for a customer quite a while ago. The other stuff is a rear trailing arm off an offroad racing buggy that I've just repaired. First I did the coffin shaped bearing housing which the owner took away and fitted into the trailing arm. Then it came back to me to be welded. Only downside to doing it this way was his big tacks which left a couple of lumps. Have also repaired his front arms and front beam, but didn't get any pix. Will also be doing some chassis repairs at his workshop so will try to take the camera. Damaged front beam, front arms, nerf bar, chassis and rear arm. Thats motorsport.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good.

Is the thing in the first pic the airscrubber?
    Read or submit reviews of Lincoln, Hobart and Miller Welders atThe Welder Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by krackle View Post
    Looks good.

Is the thing in the first pic the airscrubber?
    Yes. Air goes in one end, goes through a cabon media which takes some impurities out of it, and comes out the end I'm leaning on.

Here are some pix of the car I took yesterday. Unfortunately the owner ground away the weld reinforcement in the join in the front beam. It looked quite pretty so I don't know why he did that. I hope it doesn't come back to bite.
    Attached Images Attached Images