Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Move

Default just remembered...

thought i'd post a pic of the shop on the trailer i made. that's a regular z71 pulling it through the field. the shops all finished and back together now and she's back hot and heavy building church windows in it. might post some of her work sometime...does soldering lead joints count as welding?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 BEST 6 Y/O HELPER IN THE WORLD
    2 VICTOR O/A TORCHES
    LINCOLN SP 175 PLUS
    4 EACH 20 TON JACKS
    SEVERAL LESSER TON JACKS
    SEVERAL GRINDERS
    LOTS OF HAMMERS MISC SIZES
    BIG PILE OF MISC TOOLS
    CLASS A CDL'S
    C7500 FLAT BED
    4 TRAILERS
    HOME MADE GANTRY CRANE
    SOME GOOD COMMON SENSE (I THINK)
    TRACTOR WITH NEW HEAVY DUTY LIFT POLE -- FIND MY THREAD
    6 GOATS, 1 DOG, 1 DONKEY...
    ON AND ON AND ON...

So how did the move go? Was there any unforeseen problems? Did you come in near budget? That was a very aggressive project, congratulations on the successful completion.

Chalrie

yes sir, the move came in right at the estimate. no problems, just a lot of hard work. jack the shop up 6", block it, move to the other side, jack it up 12", block it, over and over until it was high enough to back under then let it down. lift it , move out, bring drop-deck 18 wheeler under then let it down. when it got to our place in jackson reverse the process. off the 18 wheeler onto the i-beam trailer then move it into place then off the i-beam trailer into place lots of work for one day and me and my dad--what a dad, worked for food that day. new piers and roof and deck and she's back to building windows.

i tacked on pics of a couple of windows we installed this morning. the pics don't do them justice. beautiful windows, talented girl!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2 VICTOR O/A TORCHES
    LINCOLN SP 175 PLUS
    4 EACH 20 TON JACKS
    SEVERAL LESSER TON JACKS
    SEVERAL GRINDERS
    BIG PILE OF MISC TOOLS
    CLASS A CDL'S
    C7500 FLAT BED
    4 TRAILERS
    HOME MADE GANTRY CRANE
    ON AND ON AND ON...

good why to use your head...

Very nice work indeed.

Charlie

Default thank you

thanks y'all.
    2 VICTOR O/A TORCHES
    LINCOLN SP 175 PLUS
    4 EACH 20 TON JACKS
    SEVERAL LESSER TON JACKS
    SEVERAL GRINDERS
    BIG PILE OF MISC TOOLS
    CLASS A CDL'S
    C7500 FLAT BED
    4 TRAILERS
    HOME MADE GANTRY CRANE
    ON AND ON AND ON...

I've been out of the boat moving business for about 15 years. The law then was nothing over 14' wide on a state highway. If we had something over that we were forced to use county roads, some of the cat and trimarrans were around 24 to 30' wide. I did here about a guy in Illinois who got a permit to move a artichoke picking machine, 24' wide on a state highway ( to lake Michigan). Farm machinery is an exception. It was really a trimarran, he keeped a tarp over it and prayed nobody wanted to have a look, he made it.

Default over width

of course the load had to be permitted with the DOT, being it was a total of 16'3" at the widest. they also dictated which route to take from columbus, ms to byram, ms. their designated route didn't make much sense to me, but i'm sure they had their reasons. oh well, that's a historical subject now! it can be analized raw, but i'll just be glad it's over with
    2 VICTOR O/A TORCHES
    LINCOLN SP 175 PLUS
    4 EACH 20 TON JACKS
    SEVERAL LESSER TON JACKS
    SEVERAL GRINDERS
    BIG PILE OF MISC TOOLS
    CLASS A CDL'S
    C7500 FLAT BED
    4 TRAILERS
    HOME MADE GANTRY CRANE