Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

5K not to bad considering that a cheap body for my F250 would go 5-7K. My custom body for the new truck was close to 25K. I agree it looks well laid out. Since you built it yourself you should have no problems making small mods as you learn what needs to be changed. I haven't yet brought myself to do more than drill a few small holes in my new body for tie down rings. I'm thinking about under floor storage for the ramps that I passed on when I had the truck built. Can't quite bring my self to start cutting up the new truck just yet.

Still would like to see a good shot of the truck from the sides to get an overall look at it.

awesome work I like it

Default To Jeff

I install and repair A/C systems in heavy equipment and trucks. That's why I decided to build my own body. I have unique needs and most service bodies are set up with a crane. I needed a lot of storage for all the parts that I carry.
    Thanks,
    Lance
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

more pics of it finished, that looks real good just from the pics shown so far. how many hours do you have into it?

As others have said. More pictures of the completed truck.

Default How to add pics?

I'm new to this forum and another person added all the pics on here for me. How do you do it?

Thanks,
    Lance
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer

Lance This thread will give you an idea how to resize your picts so you can post them.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...t=resize+picts

You need to have resized your picts and saved them on your computer where you can find them. Go to Reply and scroll down below the text box. There is a section on Aditional Options. Select Manage attachments. click on this. At the top is a section that says Upload file from your computer. Click browse, and find your pict then hit upload. As long as the pict isn't to large it will show up on the list below. Then Above the text box click on the paperclip and select the pict you want to insert in the text.

If you can't get it to work shoot me the picts and I will post them again for you. Pm me if you need my email again.

Good luck.

Default Thanks DSW!

More Pics of truck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer

I see it worked! Thanks for the 3rd pict, its alot easier to see the whole layout and understand it better. Do the compartments go up into the top section above the doors or is that load space accesible from above the bed? If its all one space why not just have made the doors taller?

The more and more I look at the picts the better it looks. I was taking a closer look at the doors and if I didn't know better I would swear it was a commercially built truck!
    Last edited by DSW; 05-20-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Default Top Space

In the top spaces above the rear doors, are thirty gallon air tanks. I built a York A/C compressor to pump air from the engine and also have a electrical 2 HP compressor that runs off the inverter. The large front double doors on both sides are usable through the doors. As the pic shows on the one side, the welder goes up to the top and on the other side, i've got tie downs, my A/C gauges sets, and alarm set up. I also installed an auto drain for the tanks. It runs on DC and is programalbe from intervals and drain time.

Thanks,
    Lance
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lanceman73; 05-24-2008 at 01:57 AM.
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer