Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My Homemade Backhoe

Well there has been some interest in a few of my projects so I decided to start a new topic for each. This way each project is separate. This is the CDP backhoe I built a while ago. I bought plans for it.

scott
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default more pics

here are some more pics

Default Working

some pics of it in action.

Nice project. How much did it cost in material and how long did it take to complete ?
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Default Cost/Time

The total cost came in around $2500 I think. Most of the cost is the hydraulics and motor. Once I had all the brackets made it took me about 3 weeks of steady work to put it together. I did the brackets on and off over a few months. At I regular "hobby" pace I could see it being a good winter project.

scott

Thumbs up reach?

HI, Excellent job! I was wondering what the reach is?
    Nothing like working on a sewer..been there done that a few times *LOL*
    Regards,Farris
    Last edited by fyoung; 02-13-2006 at 02:52 AM.
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Default specs

The rated specs are:

*digs down 6ft
    *max dump height is 6ft
    *swing is 110deg
    *bucket is 11" wide
    *bucket hold 1.3cuft
    *weights about 600lbs
    *ripping force is 2tons

scott

Very nice piece you`ve got there.The price to build is more than reasonable and you get to do what we all like to,WELD.With the size and specs of youre backhoe you should be able to recoup the cost to build in short order.Again nice job.

You could have easily paid 10000$ for a factory made one. You saved alot of money, you got a backhoe exactly the way you want it, you have the satisfaction of a job well done and now you can brag about it to all your friends!
    Save our species! Lower metal prices!

Default thanks!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Right now I am in the process of building a small skidsteer loader. I will start a new thread for that. I am building it as I go, no plans.

scott