Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Question How to adjust a R 57 idler on a 62 sa 200

I just got this 62 all back together boy does it weld like a dream. it's got the old r-57 idler and well it seemed like it would take so long before to get it to idle back down after you got done welding I tried to adjust it and boy I must have it all out of wack now. I know it says on there to turn clockwise to increase time and counter clockwise to decrease time. Is there a way I can turn it all the way back and start from lets say zero. So yeah I'm turning both ways and can't seem to get it to idle down. What am I doing wrong?? or could it be the governor speed screw that needs to be adjusted down so it isn't fighting with the idler vacum thingy??

Chris

So now it won't idle down at all? Or just erratic?
    Make sure that your vacuum line and connections are clear and not leaking.
    Then just turn it out a couple turns and see what it does.
    Jeff

I sprayed some carb cleaner in the vacume line and there was a good bit of I guess it was black carbon that came out so I hooked it back up and gonna go see if it works. I was told there is a spring from the middle of the idler arm to the vacume line on the intake manifold this thing never had that spring so tomorrow I'm going to buy this spring if I can find one at the hardware store but I don't know I turned that set screw all different ways before and nothing happens but am gonna go try it again and see what happens.

Chris

I got it figured out I just gotta do a little mornibng tunning to the idle but I think it'll be fine. Thanks

Chris