Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default bottle leases

Down here in Florida, or at least in my area, they will not sell any owner bottles over 80 c.f., the 120c.f. and above are lease only for some reason. I have owned my tanks for many years and they were bought when I was up north. The only company around here that will exchange them for me is AIRGAS, no one else will touch them for me. And on more than one occasion they gave me a hard time and tried to tell me I could'nt own the bottles, that they are rental bottles. I'm lucky that I have saved all the receipts for everything I buy, as I've almost lost the tanks a couple of times.
    Yes, that was a shopping cart a one time that I converted into the welding cart. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

its all a bunch of garbage. steel prices would make the tanks more expensive not lease only. thay all just want to stick it to ya and take your $$ for nothing.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought, too. It didn't make any logical sense to connect steel prices with being able to purchase, I think there is more going on there than meets the eye. I will have to speak to someone higher up if I really want to get a straight answer to the why, but I might have to take my business somewhere that wants it if I want to purchase a bigger one. It shouldn't be this difficult, one would think.

I used to work in IT, and if someone told me that to get their biggest and baddest server, I would have to lease it from them instead of purchasing it, I would laugh at them. True, not an apples to apples comparison, but they have a product, and I would like to purchase it, not get it on loan from them for a set period of time, for a set recurring fee.

Hey Al,

This might not fit your specific needs but is an O/A cart I designed and built a few years ago. I use it mostly for brazing as it has an integrated Gasfluxer unit but it is easy to swap it over to just O/A when needed. Two torches can be used at the same time, one on either side, and I incorporated gassaver units to ignite the torches.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Here are some pics of my cart. The tool box on top is removable. I useed a 2" ratchet strap to hold the tanks, and there is room for the safety caps. You can't see it, but there is also an eyebolt that lets me use a chain fall to raise the whole thing off the ground for easy loading into a truck.

And this is one that my Dad built. The handles are a little too short for me, but the big wheels make it easy to roll on uneven ground.

Cool beans! Nice looking carts, and the one your Dad made with the big wheels looks Old School, I have seen them like that before, from the 1st 1/2 of the 20th century. Kevin, thanks for the pics too, your cart is quite the setup, talk about multi-tasking!

More ideas for me to use if I am going to end up building my own. Thanks, guys!