Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MM210 Questions

like i said once used em and i dont know anything about it damaging ur eyes its really a unknown group of rumors wether their safe or not i do still use em acasionally on some stuff.
    welding...its awsome

the good ones quality name brands are verry safe. they are 100% UV protecttion even in the off state. like mack said they are actualy safer as you dont get flashe because the hood didnt get down in time.
    you are just buying into an eurban myth. call the myth busters.
    can you possibly think Miller would sell them if they were not?? do you have any idea what a judge and jurry would aword in a settelment for a law suit for lost sight due to a faulse clame of them being safe..
    buy a quality mane brand and you have nothing to worry about. i have been using mine for over 5 years and no problems with my eyes. and i have even used it in the off state for plasma cutting lots of times.

it's foolish to make a statement like a frend of a frend knew a guy that knew a guy who's frend went blind from them. i have to agree with mac that statement just makes you look foolish.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default auto shade lens

When they first came out with the auto shade lens many, many years ago, I tried them for a while and had many problems with them. The photo cells in them would crack and would start working intermittently. I am sure over the years the have gotten much better and much safer, but call me a creature of habit, I still use my trusty old Jackson hood with #12 filter plate. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Question

yeh i know it was bad a statement but like what i said with it its ur own joice. i would think they would be fine since thats mostly all u can find these days. i agree somebody should hit up mythbusters. im gonna think about that see if they have a submision form for ideas because i would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Heard about a friend of a buddy, huh?

Not to sound insensitive, but I think I'll just completely dismiss this statement without SOME sort of supporting argument.

In reality, autodarkening helmets are inherently safer. At least that's what my uncle's buddy's wife's cousin said.
    Maybe I should get one for my mother-in-law then when she went blind she couldn't find my house anymore woopie
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Thanks everyone for all the info and ideas. The more research I do the more it looks like it will be the MM210. As for the helmet, I think I will go check some of them out at my LWS, I still believe the auto dark is the way to go, in my mind it will be less of a chance of receiving a flash. I do not plan on going cheap, only one set of eyes and cant get replacement parts for them! I may have some more questions on these yet. Thanks for the pics of the 212, I like the look of the 210 better. I will give some more thought to the bottle situation, I have to get firm pricing on this and may have more questions. I am going into my LWS on Monday morning to check all this out and mention the 212 and see if they can sharpen their pencil on the 210. Thanks again everyone, for all your help and opinions. Feel free to add anything else you come up with I will be watching.

weld_13
    go to there site thy have a place to enter myths.
    plane crazy
    you have the best info you can get on the auto hood thing taken care of already when you say you will not go cheap. after that its all about personal preferance and options on the top hoods. i know one of then goes down to a shade or 2 lower than the BWE i think its shade 6 or 8 witch could be usefull in low amps but i have as of yet not had a problem with mind, just add light if needed i guess.
    dabar39
    you are not alown in just prefering the old stedy solid shield. some will never trust them no matter what and some just like what they are used to and dont see the need to change, some just refuse to pay that kind of $$. all good reasons to keep a solid shield if they suit you.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Lightbulb

i actually tried the site but couldnt find where to enter? just found blog stuff over myths. i try agian. mythbusters welders special!

i only looked over the site one time a long time ago but they keep saying to post up your myths so its got to be there some where?? i'll try to cath where on the next show.
    they did the welding tank threw a wall one, made a nice hole in the brick wall.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by plane crazy View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the info and ideas. The more research I do the more it looks like it will be the MM210. As for the helmet, I think I will go check some of them out at my LWS, I still believe the auto dark is the way to go, in my mind it will be less of a chance of receiving a flash. I do not plan on going cheap, only one set of eyes and cant get replacement parts for them! I may have some more questions on these yet. Thanks for the pics of the 212, I like the look of the 210 better. I will give some more thought to the bottle situation, I have to get firm pricing on this and may have more questions. I am going into my LWS on Monday morning to check all this out and mention the 212 and see if they can sharpen their pencil on the 210. Thanks again everyone, for all your help and opinions. Feel free to add anything else you come up with I will be watching.
    Just so you have a place to start, my LWS last offer to me for his last MM210 was $1268+tax, of course I have bought a few machines from him so maybe thats why he is being so good to me .
    Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
    Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
    Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
    Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter