Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

well this is exactly it, This is what eats me up the most about the rip off prices with diesel. By rights It should be a at least third less than gasoline. That's until the greedy opportunist petrol company ' as you rightly say' saw the rise in diesel vehicles.

As always the governments wont do squat all about it as the more it costs us the more they get for their coffers.

It all stinks in my book. Greed is one of the prime evils in my book and destroys everyday normal people. It creates a vicious circle. One person's greed for something has to be paid for, Which in turn makes the person paying having to make up their money so greed escalates.

Sux!

Glad to say i had my first 200 litres of bio diesel arrive today. Not a huge saving but if it stops the greed monsters getting richer, That's good in my book.

Regards,

Scott

Scott, sorry to say this, but make sure you pay the appropriate taxes necessary....hate to see you getting busted and paying even MORE money for fines.............
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Ah thx But its all totally legitimate taxes paid made under proper legislation, license blah blah all that. Its just a bit cheaper

I don't mess with things like that over here. If your caught its something in the region of $40,000 fine and your car crushed. Not worth the risk. The goverment dont take prisioners here if they are being had over. They kill you outright!

Thanks for your concern.

Kind regards,

Scott
    Last edited by scott0031; 05-06-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typos

Im holding out. Dont throw bricks at me but Im paying $7 a week for gas back and forth to work along with errands. This is on my motorcycle at 47mpg. If I cut back, I can get it down to $3.50 a week. The last 2 weeks, I used 2 gallon in my Blazer. I had to smile today as I passed the gas station, gas came DOWN a whole 2 cents today, does that mean it will go up 4 cents tomorrow
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Lightbulb

Blue Collar Moto
    you would have more room if you sent me one of them hog's.i'll give it a loveing home. i have not gotten to play with one in....................... lets just settle on 20 ish + ish..... well you get the idea.
    so you planing to make the oil/fuel in the bath tub ???

so as we start to hear of the first bio/fuel stations opening up i have to wonder....what taxes are being paid there?? do you still need to keep track and do it on your own or is the pump recept covering it ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

fun4now If you sell fuel retail you have to add the tax on at the time of sale. If it will not be taxed then you have to dye it to show that no taxes have been paid. All the bio fuel producers should be taking care of the tax. Your pump reciept should take care of any questions.

If you can't prove you bought it legit then there may be some problems especially if you have a bio setup at home. If you brew it yourself and they dig a little they will be able to prove that you are cheating on the taxes. Most likely there will be a maximum amount that you can produce and not pay the tax. If your records show more raw materials purchased than you can account for then the problems will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    Blue Collar Moto
    you would have more room if you sent me one of them hog's.i'll give it a loveing home. i have not gotten to play with one in....................... lets just settle on 20 ish + ish..... well you get the idea.
    so you planing to make the oil/fuel in the bath tub ???

so as we start to hear of the first bio/fuel stations opening up i have to wonder....what taxes are being paid there?? do you still need to keep track and do it on your own or is the pump recept covering it ??
    No bathtub brewing.
    Were moving to a larger place in the next few months.

As far as the bikes go, they are all for sale after I finish building them. I will be posting pix of the Ironhead in Motorsports in the next few weeks. I'm about ready to weld up the rocker boxes. Still need to chop the frame and splice it back together. Just need to make some plugs for the old oil passages and refill my oxygen bottle. Man, even with an aluminum file it takes for ever to split them and make it look good. Here's a sample.

Yes, I'm using O/A to weld them up. Good opportunity to use my new Cobra torch.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln 140
    O/A
    Gradatim vincimus
    "We conquer by degrees."

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by scott0031 View Post
    well this is exactly it, This is what eats me up the most about the rip off prices with diesel. By rights It should be a at least third less than gasoline.

Regards,

Scott
    And how did you come up with the third less than gasoline prices? Just wondering because i make gasoline and diesel and they both take the same amount of processing. And with the new Ultra Low Sulphur diesel comming in the next few years diesel is going to get worse. The off road diesel we have now will be gone, can't be sold. The highway use diesel we have now will become the new off road diesel and the new ULDS will be what you have to buy for on road engines and it takes a whole different process to make...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

My off road diesel is no different than the ULSD road diesel. All it is is ULSD (15ppm) with fugitive dye and no road tax. Says so right on the pump and on the MSDS sheets they give us.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DDA52 View Post
    My off road diesel is no different than the ULSD road diesel. All it is is ULSD (15ppm) with fugitive dye and no road tax. Says so right on the pump and on the MSDS sheets they give us.
    Then they must do things different in Texas. But Texas has lots more refining than Ohio so they can waste more ULSD by dying it red and downgrading it i guess.
    Here the ULSD is 15 ppm which we don't make yet but it will be here in 2009.
    The High sulfur red dyed diesel is 5,000 ppm.
    The on road diesel is 500 ppm....Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48