Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I built the Bio reactor a couple years ago. I made one batch with it. It was more fun making the contraption then making the fuel. All I have is an old '94 chevy with the 6.5l turbo. I didn't want experiment with it because the pump is expensive and the injectors are real hard to get to.
    I did burn it in bug torches and started brush fires with it, seemed to burn OK. I needed to wash it a final time to burn it in a vehical tho.

I am looking for a very cheap POS diesel car or truck to run on bio, if I find one then I will start making it again. Diesel here is $4.30 a gallon.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Well that buddy of mine runs his bio in his 05 Ford F350 4x4SD. And it runs just fine on it. Granted he most likely voided his warrantee but he doesn't seem to care
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Well we will see if the supply of used oil is still there by the time I get things up and running. Had another guy with a bar & grill tell me last weekend to come on by and pick it up.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln 140
    O/A
    Gradatim vincimus
    "We conquer by degrees."

Lightbulb get it wile the getting is good

you should start collecting the oil now, it will go fast. i picked up 8 55gal 10W30 oil drums from a local farmer. if you have one near you they may well sell you the drums much cheaper than buying tanks from TSC. seems like i paid $5 or $10 each for mine. just make shore the drums are not from chemical use or you could get into handling and disposal problem with hazer duse materials.
    good luck keep us posted.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    google video "freedom to fascism" 2 hours of get your blood boiling.

they are already talking about using the gps on cars to tax you on your miles. then they will be able to see how much gas you use for the miles you drive and tax you more for if you have a poor gas milage vehicle.
    you havent seen anything yet. give it 10 years.
    At first I got REALLY pi$$ed when I started reading this thread and thought "HOW DARE THEY TAX ON BIO FUEL!!!!!" But one of the post re: checking the dye, yeah, they fine you big time too if you get caught with marine or farm diesel, because of the road tax stuff...yeesh...oh, btw, don't think they are trying THAT hard in bringing the price of gas down, or finding an alternative fuel source anytime soon!!!!! One of my dad's family members made something in the 60's and I won't need to tell you the rest....After a lot of threatening phone calls and one of his sons died, he dropped the project......We need to be politicians, mostly senators, where their pensions are the same as their salary for life, the I won't bother to find that report in what the Clintons are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still think this is the best country to live in, just that it's going bad fast.........I deleted the e-mail my mom gave me, but the speaker of the house (the lady) wants to suck more taxes out from us so we can provide the illegal aliens and jobless with money so they can live the American dream like us..............
    horsesh!t!!!!!!! I thought the illegal aliens were supposed to be sent back, and the jobless were supposed to find jobs, and the American Dream was to WORK, so you can HAVE the things you want???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never read the American Dream was to live in America and have all the other people give you money to live the good life!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    At first I got REALLY pi$$ed when I started reading this thread and thought "HOW DARE THEY TAX ON BIO FUEL!!!!!" But one of the post re: checking the dye, yeah, they fine you big time too if you get caught with marine or farm diesel, because of the road tax stuff...yeesh...oh, btw, don't think they are trying THAT hard in bringing the price of gas down, or finding an alternative fuel source anytime soon!!!!! One of my dad's family members made something in the 60's and I won't need to tell you the rest....After a lot of threatening phone calls and one of his sons died, he dropped the project......We need to be politicians, mostly senators, where their pensions are the same as their salary for life, the I won't bother to find that report in what the Clintons are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still think this is the best country to live in, just that it's going bad fast.........I deleted the e-mail my mom gave me, but the speaker of the house (the lady) wants to suck more taxes out from us so we can provide the illegal aliens and jobless with money so they can live the American dream like us..............
    horsesh!!!!!!!! I thought the illegal aliens were supposed to be sent back, and the jobless were supposed to find jobs, and the American Dream was to WORK, so you can HAVE the things you want???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never read the American Dream was to live in America and have all the other people give you money to live the good life!!!!!!!!!!
    One of my new years resolutions was to not talk politics. The doctor says I need to keep my blood pressure down. Just pisses me off whats happening to OUR country! But I will say that as long as the politicians pander for votes it will not change. They spend as much time looking at demographics as they do raising our taxes. Used to be only the Democrats were tax and spend. Now thanks to I feel all hope is lost.....
    Now dont he look goofy?
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln 140
    O/A
    Gradatim vincimus
    "We conquer by degrees."

I voted for him, and now feel bad about it, problem is, if the Democrats get in again, watch how so much MORE we will be screwed!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok....I'm finished with the politics....thanks for letting me vent
    I'm not late...

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    you should start collecting the oil now, it will go fast. i picked up 8 55gal 10W30 oil drums from a local farmer. if you have one near you they may well sell you the drums much cheaper than buying tanks from TSC. seems like i paid $5 or $10 each for mine. just make shore the drums are not from chemical use or you could get into handling and disposal problem with hazer duse materials.
    good luck keep us posted.
    I only wish I had the room where
    I live now to do that. Were moving
    this summer after the oldest girl
    finishes high school. Shhhh. Dont
    tell the new landlord were coming...

You see my predicament.
    bedroom;

backyard; (incert Sanford and Son music here)

Garage; (only a one car with five bikes and a few tons of junk)
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln 140
    O/A
    Gradatim vincimus
    "We conquer by degrees."

Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    I am looking for a very cheap POS diesel car or truck to run on bio, if I find one then I will start making it again. Diesel here is $4.30 a gallon.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm do you Guys have any idea what we are forced to pay for diesel in the UK?

1.20 a litre at the moment and rising fast
    3.8 litres in a gallon (us Gallons)
    3.8 x 1.20 =4.56

converted into US dollars $9.0008 Going on the yahoo currency convertor

That's basing it on a US gallon at 3.8 litres The gallon we use here is 4.5 litres per gallon (could be a sort of metric gallon not sure)

I get the impression the wages here in the UK pound for Pound are very similar To the U.S.A looking on some prices some have said they managed to charge for jobs.

70% of that fuel cost we pay in tax. Welcome to rip off England!

Maybe its so bad after all?

Not sure about in the states but here diesel is more expensive than gasoline
    (Petrol to me) shows what a rip off it is as diesel is a no where near as refined as petrol and is many refinement stages before you get to petrol out of crude.

Yep like all things in the UK its a rip off. Who wants to visit?

Kind regards from across the pond,

scott

Quote Originally Posted by scott0031 View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm do you Guys have any idea what we are forced to pay for diesel in the UK?

1.20 a litre at the moment and rising fast
    3.8 litres in a gallon (us Gallons)
    3.8 x 1.20 =4.56

converted into US dollars $9.0008 Going on the yahoo currency convertor

That's basing it on a US gallon at 3.8 litres The gallon we use here is 4.5 litres per gallon (could be a sort of metric gallon not sure)

I get the impression the wages here in the UK pound for Pound are very similar To the U.S.A looking on some prices some have said they managed to charge for jobs.

70% of that fuel cost we pay in tax. Welcome to rip off England!

Maybe its so bad after all?

Not sure about in the states but here diesel is more expensive than gasoline
    (Petrol to me) shows what a rip off it is as diesel is a no where near as refined as petrol and is many refinement stages before you get to petrol out of crude.

Yep like all things in the UK its a rip off. Who wants to visit?

Kind regards from across the pond,

scott
    Isn't it nice to remember, when the diesel became available at the local gas pumps in the 70's, and the price of gas was $1.50 (just guessing), and diesel was something like $.50/gal??? As the popularity of diesel rose up, so did the price......thank you for "Taking care of the people!!!!!!!!!!"
    I'm not late...