Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Here's a sample of the show TRUCKS that got me going.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...737&pr=goog-sl
    --WARNING-- The system shown on the show has a lot of negative feedback from people on the bio fuel site.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln 140
    O/A
    Gradatim vincimus
    "We conquer by degrees."

Default rumour

i heard a rumour up here in thegreat white north, as of 2010 all vehicles soldin canada and us, will gave to get 35mpg from factory.is this a load of b.s.?? im sure the diesels would be able to if the quality of our diesel was a good as europes. i was told by the head mechanic of Halliburton(who attended a fuel symposium on 2007) that N.A. diesel is a much lower quality than europes and the hopes the governments have for emmisions and ave mpg was just a pipe dream. anyone have any thoughts???
    07 f350 duallie w/deck
    07 tb302d
    2011 big blue pro 300 cat
    victor torch
    matthey beveler
    assorted hand tools

That may well be true for passenger vehicles. Heavy trucks could very well be exempted. It's easy to get a diesel car to get 50 mpg+. The VW jettas do right now. Thats a bit different than an 19K F550 or a 80K Mack.

It wouldn't surprise me to see medium trucks get that kind of milage, if they just cocentrate on milage. My older F250 can get close to 20 on the highway and with an aditional .8 OD could easily get 25mpg if you tweeaked the trasnmision shifts.

my stock 2007,6.0 ford duallie gets 18mpg regularily, and it weighs 12k all the time, so 35mpg empty should be a reasonable goal dont ya think?
    07 f350 duallie w/deck
    07 tb302d
    victor torch
    matthey beveler
    assorted hand tools

Then explain why my new 08 ford 6.4 gets 8mpg at that weight. Please.... Answer new emmisions crud added.

i read in a diesel magazine, now keep in mind im a welder not a mechanic or engineer, that the diesel on the market is clogging the particulate filters quite often and so the burns have to be longer means more fuel consumption, id dont think this the only part to the equation but a definite possibility.

ive heard the new 6.7 dodges arent that great on fuel eithr. it might be my imagination, but it seems that just as the diesel engines(any make or model) get all the bugs worked out of they "redesign" it to make it better, and the result is a less reliable and/or lower mpg engine
    07 f350 duallie w/deck
    07 tb302d
    victor torch
    matthey beveler
    assorted hand tools

Brew all the diesel you want...you just better pay the road taxes on it. They have sniffers working in the Dallas area sniffing out the homebrewers. If you can't prove you paid the fed/state taxes on it with a rcpt or equivalent, you get a nice big fat ticket to pay. Get caught multiple times, read that as twice, you can be looking at jail time for tax evasion. I think the Dallas project is a test project. Once they work the bugs out, betcha they start deploying them everywhere. Big Brother is watching.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by DDA52 View Post
    Brew all the diesel you want...you just better pay the road taxes on it. They have sniffers working in the Dallas area sniffing out the homebrewers. If you can't prove you paid the fed/state taxes on it with a rcpt or equivalent, you get a nice big fat ticket to pay. Get caught multiple times, read that as twice, you can be looking at jail time for tax evasion. I think the Dallas project is a test project. Once they work the bugs out, betcha they start deploying them everywhere. Big Brother is watching.

Ya. Unfortunately your right on the money with the big brother thing. Also I wouldn't think about doing it if I had to do it for a long time to get a payback on the investment of materials. Like someone said above, you will have to pay for your used oil soon enough. It is getting recognized as a commodity more every day. Although Im also starting up a home foundry. Sniff away & dont forget to take video of me putting it in my truck becouse I will also be using it to melt steel.
    Last edited by Blue Collar Moto; 04-30-2008 at 06:23 PM.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln 140
    O/A
    Gradatim vincimus
    "We conquer by degrees."

I'm all for gov't but they need to butt out of this cause they aren't doing anything to keep gas prices down. Gas traded at a all tome high of $120 a barrel today. Expert predict $200-$250 before summers end. I think I'm going Diesel and Bio to save money.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Default oh yeah?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Collar Moto View Post
    Pay un to Caesar what is Caesar's....... Ya, you still will have to pay the man.
    F*** tha man. Just like he's F****** us... Arent you tired of it all yet?
    Born to live taxed to death. All those billions of your hard earned dollars going to politicians and things you cant even begin to think of...

I dont mean to be a shi t disturber but its true...
    Im thinking of building a still so that i can make ethenol or wood alcohol. I need to read up more though. An edumacation is the first place to start.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)