Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Never been so busy....

Haven't been here in about 3 weeks. What's going on? Our shop is maxed out, stressed out, tapped out and completely overwhelmed! I think there was a time back in the early 90's when we were up against it, but nothing like this. We hired three new guys one green horn welder and two fabricates and we are still swamped! We have one motel, one hotel, a condo complex (14 units) and 3 custom homes all going on at once and we just ordered another 45 tons of steel! Our salesman is a dead man! I think we are going to make it though. We have been on the verge of automation for the past year or so and this job has pushed our limits of manual welding (repetitive jig type) to the point we have dercided to go robotic. It looks like we will go with a Panasonic TA-1600 with the Tawers controller and Fronius power and feed. Been looking at this combo for a while. Anyway just had a little time to sip a brew and check in with ya all. Will keep you posted on how this thing works out. Still haven't finished my personal welding table

TacMig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Thumbs up Get 'er done

Hi Tacmig,

Congratulations on being so busy. Be careful what you wish for, right?
    I'm slammed, too.

What kind of work do you for your customers? Or, what do your current projects consist of?

Thumbs up

TacMig On Break:
    LMAO!! Thanks for the pic.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Talking

The first welding job I ever worked for just bought a $900,000 laser about a month before I started. About 3 months after I started they slowed down so much they were practicly in reverse! The laser put them so over the top because of the slow down that they had to lay of about 75% of there workforce.

Loved the pic, probably woke my wife up I laughed so hard!!!
    Glad to hear your busy, let us know how the robotics works out... oh and don't forget to show us pics!!!
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

glad to hear buis. is booming.
    great pic. is that a taste test, or just a realy thursty easy to please fella ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Tacmig, same here....LOVE your pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Chris, so glas you are busy too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now will BOTH of you start showing pics of your new projects??!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

tacmig, I"m guessing the robotics you want to buy is WAY better than a plasmacam???
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

I used to love Old Style beer! Cant find it here in Ca.
    Congratulations on being so busy! Its nice to hear about someone doing well with so much doom and gloom going around...
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln 140
    O/A
    Gradatim vincimus
    "We conquer by degrees."

Way to go tacmig glad to hear you are busy.I had a really busy winter but 90% of my work is forestry equipment and the canadian forestry industry is totally in the crapper so it has been pretty quit and probably will be all summer at least until fall.
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitcase 12vs
    spoolmatic 3
    victor journeymanx2
    esab multimaster260
    esab handy plasma 550
    Makita grinders
    Lathe
    21cfm honda compressor
    f350 superduty 4x4
    Lots of bills lol