Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Helmet pics...

I currently have four helmets, and I've sold two already. My first helmet, a 29' roadster elite has been with me for almost three years now, I darn near learned to weld with it. It died a while back just past warranty and I wasn't sure if it would get replaced so I bought a new Joker Elite. As it turned out, Miller did warranty it so now I've got two Elites. I also have a Jackson flip front that I had to buy to use at school for the beginning part of the course, it works but I'm not too fond of it. I also have a MP-10 Inferno with a gold lens in it, this thing is amazing.

I couldn't get any action shots, but I took a few snaps of most of my collection to use up the rest of a roll of film. My Joker was at work so I couldn't get a picture of that unfortuanetely.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Here is my camo elite, I don't have a Vintage to snap a picture.

Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shorerider16 what is the advantage to the gold lens in your inferno? Did you like it with the standard lens?

Quote Originally Posted by 2tay530 View Post
    Shorerider16 what is the advantage to the gold lens in your inferno? Did you like it with the standard lens?
    And where did you get the gold lens. Part# please.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by lanceman73 View Post
    I've got the Speed Glass with adjustable setting and a Miller Elite. Just sold my Snap-On auto darkening helmet. It was too heavy. The Miller is the best. The Speed Glass has an amber tint and only has two sensors compaired to Millers four.
    Which Miller Elite do you have? Old style or digital? And on the Speedglas what you mean has an amber tint. When it is dark or off or grind mode.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2tay530 View Post
    Gold coating help reflect light back at the work piece making it easier to see and durastically cuts down on the contrast. The end result is that the puddle and surrounding area are much brighter but the arc does not create a hotspot, allowing you to use a lighter lens shade. I use a shade 10 for everything from .035 hardwire to 1/16 metal core and T-9. I also like the amber tint better for stick and wire, the verdict is still out for tig, depends on material. The lense that comes with it is average, but any decent quality replacement lense will work well. Sorry I don't have a part number with me, the one I bought was a Harris, but there are many different brands available.

I much prefer this setup over my Elite for just welding. I use my Elite for tacking and fitting, as well as many repetive welds, but for "real" welding I wouldn't use anything else.
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Here's mine. A trusty old Jackson and one I don't know that I found in the trunk of a used car I bought. I will post a pic of my Vintage Digital Elite when I get it this week.
    Oxy/Ac Large Tanks
    Miller Swinger AC 180 (SOLD)
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX Runner with Pulser

Default helmet gouge

Quote Originally Posted by Burninrod View Post
    I remember when i shelled out the big money for my(canada) elite a couple years ago, that very day within a half hour of unpackaging it I put a big gouge right on the top of the helmet LOL
    Once I got that out of the way I wasn't shy to get back under those trucks with my new helmet I guess
    Same here! It had about 15 minutes on it and when I was getting certified for structual steel. Oh well, that's life!
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

I heav Kemppi Beta 90X, Very well! I wish to buy Miller Elite
    http://www.upit.ws/uploads/b75a943cf7ec0.JPG
    Last edited by arthur; 06-20-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diverbill45 View Post
    Here's a few pics of my 12 year old grandson and his Fibermetal pipeliner hood. I told him I'd get any type of hood he wanted, but he only wanted the same type I use.

What can I say?

Man thats awesome
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]