Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Helmet pics...

kcstott
    sped glass helmets Recently to and they still don't cycle fast enough for me. Especially when your stitching with a mig. If I timed it right I could get the hood to be off when welding and on when not. So with that I still say auto darkening hood suck no matter how good they look.

i have never had that problem, you may have to adjust the delay if you want to stitch weld. never had any trouble dialing my BWE in for delay time or adjusting it for outside in the sun work. takes a minuit to set it, but after that its all good.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Helmets

I've got the Speed Glass with adjustable setting and a Miller Elite. Just sold my Snap-On auto darkening helmet. It was too heavy. The Miller is the best. The Speed Glass has an amber tint and only has two sensors compaired to Millers four.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

I remember when i shelled out the big money for my(canada) elite a couple years ago, that very day within a half hour of unpackaging it I put a big gouge right on the top of the helmet LOL
    Once I got that out of the way I wasn't shy to get back under those trucks with my new helmet I guess
    Freelance Fabber
    Mobile>
    '01 Dodge 1ton w/deck
    07 Miller Trailblazer 302g
    Miller HF251-d
    3hp air compressor
    Spectrum 275 Extreme
    Shop>
    Miller Dynasty 300sd
    Lincoln Migpak 180

The guy I work after hours for has just had one of his helmets air brushed by a friend of his, he's also got 2 Miller Elite Inferno Digitals one of which is getting similar treatment. He doesn't know what the next helmet paint design is going to be, his friend won't tell him.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.

We are tig welders, gravity doesn't worry us.

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig.
    OTC AVP300 AC/DC 300 amp hybrid wave Tig. (now retired)
    Kemppi MLS 2300 230amp AC/DC Tig for home with all the bells and whistles.

Here's a few pics of my 12 year old grandson and his Fibermetal pipeliner hood. I told him I'd get any type of hood he wanted, but he only wanted the same type I use.

What can I say?
    Bill

Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Miller 251
    Thermodynamics Plasma arc
    Benard "Center Fire" wirefeed gun
    Miller alum. spool gun
    Tweco Tig torch
    Victor O/A torches
    B&D Wildcat 9" grinder
    DeWalt 10 amp 4-1/2" grinders
    7"x12" bandsaw

A shop that's always going to be to small.

Here are a couple of mine ... I have a 10 shade non auto dark for visitors to use when they watch.
    Jim

nice to see a pipe liner helmet on here dont see many people use them any more.
    well heres mine a crappy pic but thats the only one i got of it(speed glass)
    also have a old fiber metal pipeliner and old flip front (cant rember brand)
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list

Well the friend I work for got his other helmet shell back today from being painted and it's come out pretty well. The guy who did it is a professional painter specializing in air brushing and Darren just told him to go for something "interesting and evil".
    These helmets won't be used they will go on display at his workshop
    Regards Andrew from Oz.

We are tig welders, gravity doesn't worry us.

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig.
    OTC AVP300 AC/DC 300 amp hybrid wave Tig. (now retired)
    Kemppi MLS 2300 230amp AC/DC Tig for home with all the bells and whistles.

very cool.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Heres my hobart hood (pic is from around 6 months ago and after being cleaned LOL)
    http://www.iforgeiron.com/gallery/sh...t//ppuser/2481

http://www.iforgeiron.com/gallery/sh...php/photo/5987

Thanks,Chris
    PS one of these days I`ll have a miller maybe LOL

Inferno Forge

Chris