Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet pics...

[QUOTE=Bodybagger;148214]The album covers for Megadeth always had this cool
    evil looking guy on them, pretty visible on the cover
    of "Rust in Peace."

One day, I will make a helmet that
    looks exactly like his face.

Well, bodybagger, you're in Luck! We actually have a new helmet design coming out today called "Lucky's Speed Shop"! It is black, with skulls, flying eyeballs and cobwebs. I think we should've released it on Halloween, but... It will be live (or dead, depending on how you look at it) probably this afternoon. Here's the link to check it out! http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...mets/elite.php

Also, on the subject of helmets, the president of "Sick ******* Choppers Inc." sent me the attached photo below just yesterday. He said, "I sent my fabricator to the welding supplier and he came back with your helmet. Almost identical to my paint? What a coincidence."

Pretty cool!

363.JPG
    Last edited by Admin; 05-06-2008 at 09:17 AM.

here's one with the 252 in the background

and the tig

Dont have a pic of the bobcat... I love miller's
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

I like the Uvex clear lens cutting mask the best.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

hey Badoos do u have any finished pictures of or 32' footer i never saw the finished ones

Thumbs up cool new skull choice

thats a cool skull design on the speed shop hood.
    starting too be so many designs i would hate to have to chose one now. it was a lot essayer to chose back when i got mine, now ????

if i had to replace mine it would definitely be another BWE, but choosing the design would be a killer.
    Last edited by fun4now; 05-18-2008 at 08:38 AM.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Here are six of the many (maybe too many) welding helmets, that I have. Speedglas and Arc Ones and more Speedglas.

Jack
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platypus20,

Just what I was looking for. I already have a Speedglas 9000X and a 9002X, but what kind of review do you have on the SL? Are they worth all they hype? I just about bought one when I got the 9002X, but if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

So? What? you what a picture of my plain jane huntsman 411P??

I'm not knocking the nice helmets but with my luck I'll spend $340 on a helmet and break it in a week. On top of the fact that I've used the sped glass helmets Recently to and they still don't cycle fast enough for me. Especially when your stitching with a mig. If I timed it right I could get the hood to be off when welding and on when not. So with that I still say auto darkening hood suck no matter how good they look.
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Jason,

I liked the first SL, so much, I went out and bought a second, I also have 3 other 9002X helments. The SL is incredibly light, is auto on and is shade adjustable from 8-12, and also has sensitivity adjustment. The only draw back for me is the "new & improved" headgear, I didn' really ever get it to fit me properly, so I went back to the 9002X style headgear. As I said, it real light, is tight to the side of the head, helping to block backlight problems Only time will tell is the SL is a durable as the 9002X. I fix industrial boilers in the northeast, and the truck helmets are subjected to freezing temps in the winter and to well over 100 F in the summer, and the 9002X has been flawless. In the sevice van I keep the helmets in 5 gal plastic pails, with extra lense covers in the bottom, to keep them from getting broken.

Jack

Does no one have a vintage or a camo one that they can post up?