Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet pics...

Default Helmet pics...

How about some of you all post up some pics of your welding helmets. Im wanting to see what some of those miller elites look like when they're being used but I wont limit it to them. Post up what you got. (Im thinking about investing in an elite but I cant decide which one to get...)

I'm embarrassed to post a picture of mine, it looks way too new.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Quote Originally Posted by burninbriar View Post
    I'm embarrassed to post a picture of mine, it looks way too new.
    Oh go ahead that just means you take care of it...

Im stuck between inferno, camo, and that new vintage...

Thumbs up paint has held up great

my BWE is 6-7 years old and after replacing the lens covers looks very close to new still. should have replaced the lens cover long ago but didn't want to take it apart till i recently needed new battery's.
    i'll try to pop a pic of it to post for you. i am very impressed with the paints ability to flex and stay on the hood............ yes i have dropped it many times. but glad i spent the extra $$ to get the stars and stripes instead of plain black. not as many choices when i got mine as there are now, i would not want to have to chose a paint choice now. too many cool options.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

No Miller here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff

I'd post mine but its a plain old Jackson......
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

I bought the plain ol' black version and am happy I did. I don't worry about scratching the paint off or sticking my head into those tight quarters to weld just because of a few decals. A little soap and water on a rag and mine looks new again.

Default tight wallet special

Im on a budget.... this is my helmet.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Well, OK. The Jackson I use for stick welding and the Optrell for tig. I never thought I would ever pay for an auto dark until I started tigging and realized what a great relief it is when tig welding. I only use the auto dark for tig and when I stick weld I use the old fixed shade. Don't want to mess up the expensive one with smoke and spatter and I really don't need the autodark stick welding.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

An AD hood is another tool that makes life a little more convenient. They cost a few bucks (ok quite a few) but wear and tear is all part of the game.

Buy what you like, and if it gets scratched and dirty, it is getting used and paying you back some of the money you spent on it.
    Jeff