Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Heres a project for thought....

An Air operated Car,If an impact has enough torque to break bolts why couldnt someone come up with a way, to make air turn a wheel.You have a fuel tank why not an air tank.An air compressor can operate off 4 wheels for continuous air pressure .Why couldnt something simular work.All you would need is initial start up air , and then it would be self efficient.Maybe we wouldn't beas dependant upon rag heads.I think there should be enough knowledge to make something like this work.After today a fill-up cost 200.00 plus dollars too fill-up my welding rig .I think its time for something different.Any Ideas? Its fuel for the thought anyway.

They already got'em. You are proposing perpetual motion tho...nice thought
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Alright,perpetual motion ill have to look that one up...Say they already have this.Ill have to study that.It just seems that could be a part of the answer.Would be enviromental friendly also..

Fusion King,thanks for the new word.Ill enjoy studying this topic.I glanced at some pages,pretty neat.

Default pssssst

wasnt this compressed air car engine idea created by some frenchman? He probably drives a Citroen...
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

I just got through reading some interesting free energy stories,on a web site,I didnt see anything on air propultion tho.But ,still an awesome topic.

Cool Hmm....

Yes, the theory of perpetual motion comes to mind.
    Interesting idea but thats all we need is for someone to start charging us (tax) for the air to operate our cars and the air we breathe.....

I think the short term answer is to start trading barrels of corn for barrels of oil (No I'm not a farmer but I do live in Corn Country)

I agree willy....But,for some reason when oil goes up ,the price of the corn rises with it.Its like they are trying to equal out the price for the alternate way.I dont know the answer but times are starting to look very bad.Were too dependant upon the oil.

I would like to know if any studies have been done on the idea of using wind and solar generated electricity to produce hydrogen for cars. I think its either Greenland or Iceland where they have been running cars on hydrogen produced by electricity from their hot springs.
    Hydrogen produced from wind and solar electricity might not be practical for general transportation but if it could be used for transportation within factories or between places of business where you would not have to rely on public gas stations, I think it could be a good start on a reduction of oil use for transportation.
    I think its Federal Express that has a main terminal that runs 80% on solar energy.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Question: Where do you plan to get the air under pressure and how is it produced?

The idea is similar to the "0 emissions" hydrogen car. Yes the car itself would produce 0 emissions, however the production of the electricity needed to generate the hydrogen most likely WILL.

Wind, solar and nuke don't produce enough energy and are not available everywhere. This leaves oil,( aren't we trying to not use this?), natural gas (a by product of oil last I looked), coal ( most people consider this very environmentally unfriendly) to generate electrical power for most people. If you are lucky enough to live near a hydroelectric dam it might work. However most environmentalists are also trying to do away with the dams! Bad for the fish and natural ecosystems, don't you know.

Please stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Stop and think out the whole idea. This idea of turning corn into gas is not helping us any either.

The best way to use less oil to power vehicles is to increase MPG. This can most easily be done by getting rid of all the emmisions crud that has been tacked on to everything. My new "clean" diesel engine uses 2X more fuel to go the same distance as my old diesel. How does this help? A diesel will run on any oil, at least they did before all the "new" scrubbers. Now mine is rated for only 5% Biodiesel inorder to protect the emisions equip. Can't remove the scrubbers leagly in most locations.

Sorry I'm done with my rant. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: BTW burninbriar you posted while I was typing so this wasn't aimed at you. You just picked the wrong time to post.
    Last edited by DSW; 04-28-2008 at 09:35 PM.