Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: scrap grapple

Threaded View

Default scrap grapple

hey y'all! thought i'd post some pics of the side job i did saturday morning. i went to this scrap yard looking for some i-beam pieces, handed him a card and asked if he would call me if he got any. he looked at my card and asked for a quote on putting teeth on his grapple.

the only thing that scared me was the pins that were rusted in place still in the old adaptors, and how long it would take to get them out--i guess that's what you call the unkown factor in bidding a job. anyway, i gave him a price and he said to go ahead. five of the seven retainer pins eventually banged out with a big punch and a 2 lb hammer. the other two i had to cut out with a torch--lots of spatter! they were roll pins, spring steel, so they wouldn't drill. i even tried heating the adaptor to try to expand it a little, to no avail. any suggestions for the future would be appreciated.

enough blabber-jabbin, let's get to the pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 BEST 6 Y/O HELPER IN THE WORLD
    2 VICTOR O/A TORCHES
    LINCOLN SP 175 PLUS
    4 EACH 20 TON JACKS
    SEVERAL LESSER TON JACKS
    SEVERAL GRINDERS
    LOTS OF HAMMERS MISC SIZES
    BIG PILE OF MISC TOOLS
    CLASS A CDL'S
    C7500 FLAT BED
    4 TRAILERS