Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

best to keep the tat'a where they can only be seen when you want them seen. and you can always put the rings back in after you are hired if its ok with the company, but you will never be able to get that first impreshion out of the hireing mans head no matter what you offer to remove.
    i got my first TAT in the army in germany. but i put it on my chest where it's show when i want it, next fallowed my POW*MIA and U.S.Army on my forarms, all can be kept to myself in an interview and show when i want if i want.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

I decided there coming out I'm just waiting for a job. I'm gong to think twice for my tattoos from now on I may want something like that but if I end I will not being able to get a job over it I don't know what I will do... Money is worth more then ink I cant believe I just said that
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

It may not be a welding job but I pulled out the piercings and went for an interview at puriety dairy and got the job on the spot. after I finished the interview I asked about the piercings and they say there all right I'm getting 9.15 an hour and to me that's pretty **** good.

The same night was my graduation and I did it finally completed grade 12. . My grandpa gave me an envelope and I was suspecting just a card and maybe 25 bucks but low and behold there was a check for $1000 that was the look on my face and at the same time my knees almost gave out. It was for my college program so this year things are going to be a bit smoother then schedule
    Last edited by youngwelder_154; 06-24-2007 at 05:08 PM.

Ryan

youngweldor154,
    CONGRADULATIONS !!!!! AWSOME your grandpa had the money to help you out with!!! My advice would have been the same as fun4now and dabar. Although we aren't supposed to judge ANYONE by first impressions, we always do! Tats are ok, as long as they can be hidden by the shirts! anyway, good luck for school, looks like you have a good plan! Wish I started this at your age!!! Let us know what your are doing at work, after we see pics of your Miller tat!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Ryan,

I should commend you on what I feel is a very grown up & responsible decision. Removing piercings etc is not an easy thing to do if you believe it's part of your identity, or how you want people to define you. I believe, as do the others, that this was a good decision.

Now, onto the tattoos. I have several. All wolves (go figure) and they are on the tops of my arms. One wolf & scenery left. Seven wolves & flames right. I placed them where I did first, to protect my investment (covered by T-shirt) and second for appearances as they can't be seen unless I wish. For me, it was a very good decision.

I actually had the first pieces on both arms done by Kevin in the little shop on the Cavendish boardwalk in 2000. I used Mezzanine Cream when I returned to Alberta - yellow container w/ red writing. Kept everything moist and covered with a thin coat of cream. No scabbing at all. No colour loss. Look as good today as they did 7 years ago.

My wife is from PEI, and she's been back several times since. We are coming this August for 2 1/2 weeks so the Great-grandparents can see our 4 mo old daughter. I'll be in Tyne Valley/Springhill area. The in-laws (great people) work in Summerside & Charlottetown.

Best of luck on your new job & with your college.

Later,

I was looking up at the boardwalk at that tattoo shop but I haven't really heard much good things from there so I went to Eternal for my first one and then the Tattoo Shop for the second (that is my final place for my tattoos). As of now I removed 4 piercing but the ones in my ears are going to have earrings in them once I can afford them but in September my lip piercing along with my eyebrow will be removed. I will most likely be keeping my tounge and changing the ring to plastic because its not a very ntoiceable piercing unless you are looking hard. There are 2 others I have that will be staying just because they are my favorite piercings I have. They are in my ear of course. I want to post a picture of the miller tat but it scabbed up terribly so after I get it fixed up and get all the color back in it I will then show everyone . Hey black wolf I may see ya and never know If your in the Charlottetown area. If you see someone with a lip piercing and bright neon orange chuck taylor shoes on don't be afraid to say hello I will most likely be the only one you will see that looks as odd as that

Thanks fun4now I am very thankfull for my grandparents money on my graduation.(this is completely off topic but I would really like to share) My grandfathers from India along with my mother and grandmother (there whole side of the family 4 sisters and 1 brother) I am getting a tattoo in memory of him hopefully this summer I wanted it behind my ear but I may find somewhere else to put it its the Om symbol its Indian for god and thats actually his name I can finally see myself getting closer to my family now that I graduated and am moving on into a career, they don't have to worry about me as much.

Ryan

Tell you what Ryan, when it gets a little closer to when I'm leaving, I'll PM you with my cell # and contact info. Maybe we can find time to have a coffee. Don't worry about looking odd and standing out in a crowd - I'm well over 6' tall and over 300 lbs. They won't even see you. Who knows, I might even be able to hook you up at my current shop with some work experience in your off time if you're interested in Alberta. No promises, but I can try. Appearances don't matter here. One of the guys in the back has chrome horns sticking out under his bottom lip and both ears. What a nutjob - he cracks me up. Really fun to work with.

Later,

Im sure I may have time for a coffee Where I work right now I work more hours then I can shake a stick at no joke 12 hour days and I work 4 - 6 days a week I consider this a worm up to alberta. A job at the shop in alberta would be great Ill deffinitly keep that in mind

Ryan

Talking How many hours do you want to work???

Ryan,

There are incredible opprotunities here in Grande Prairie if you have the right connections.

When I first came off the road after I sold my Kenworth, I went to work for a former employer at a private trucking company as a welder/mechanic. Worked 6 days a week, 80-120 hrs/week.

Another shop, a tank manufacturing firm, 5 days a week, started at 2:30 or 3:30am, worked until 7:30 or 8:00pm. I was getting burned out trying to work and still have time for stock cars so I wasn't sleeping for 2 or 3 days to make everything fit.

Last shop I was at for just about 2 years worked straight 52.5hrs/week 5 days 6am-5pm. Evening and Weekend O/T was by request for the most part. I was the lead hand so I ended up with several 16-18 hr days.

Shop I'm at now for the last month - 5 days/week 9 1/2 hrs/day with 1/2 day Saturday optional. It's working for me right now to have time at home with my baby girl (where I belong) and to find time for the stock cars.

My landlord here is also my former Production Manager at the tank manufacturing firm I used to work at. He just made a changeover to a new shop in town. Hrs are unlimited. He just worked 12 days and had 135 hrs. He knows I'm a greedy, hour hungry pig, so he's already told the owner about me. Owner wants me there, but I enjoy rigging trucks too much. Rumour has it there getting into truck rigging so who knows??

Having said all that, you have to realize that all those hours working take a toll on your body over time. I'm pretty smashed up and a lot of things hurt really bad most days, but I've still got bills to pay. The more O/T you work, the more the Gov't of Canda loves you as they line their pockets with all the income tax they can reap from you. I've had paycheques where my Income Tax was more than my friends paycheques. After a while, you wonder why you do it.

I've made a conscious decision to slow down. Too much life has passed me by. My wife and I have our little one, and she is my first priority. If I make enough to pay the bills, and have a few pennies to afford supporting my friends at the race track, that's enough for "now".

Later,

If I was to be in Alberta the way I see it is if I'm over there to work I want to work so much I have no time to spend my money at the bars and such so I can save money and no spend it on useless junk. Black wolf about going for a coffee if you could give me a week in advance of a day that will work would be great I can ask for that day off I was thinking I may take the girlfriend if she isn't working
    Last edited by youngwelder_154; 07-08-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Ryan