Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    I have my tounge pierced and my ears stretched but Im slowly unstreching them I can actually keep my tounge ring? I was planning on keeping that but with clear ring. I dont really want to lose all of my piercings but do I really have a choice? My septum is hidden and my lip has been there for over a year now. Will I need to remove all my ear piercings?
    septum and lip will be constantly infected, aswell as a lot of forman's are not going to think to highly of you with piercings all over

the ears, well at least around here, dont seem to matter, so long as you dont have any kind of hoops or big time streching. most guys take a while to ask me about the holes in my ears (i had my ears a 1 1/8th, so the hole that remains is still approx 1/4"), and the tongue ring, keep it in your mouth and you wont have a problem, but any other types of piercings will be constantly infected, aswell as give you problems getting work
    mm210
    maxstar 150

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Im actually going to remove them when I get a welding job, The only thing I want are tattoos I realize that it can prevent you from getting a job but Im going to wait and see how my life goes on before I even look into anything I may never regret what I put on my skin but I want to make sure I have a good job any everythng first.... I think that will be my best bet.

as i said befor yo should remove them when you go looking for a welding or any other job. putting them back in later if the job invirerment alows it. its your life make it as hard or easy as you want.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

James I'm really starting to think getting a job in this trade when I'm just getting out of high school is going to be really tough with or without my body piercings. I may have a job at Pre Bilt that's actually how its spelled believe it or not. A bunch of their welders are heading out to Red Deer so it looks good if things work out over there.

cool, pop all that stuff out and go see them once a week till he puts you to work. be polite and let him know you are sereous about working. be prepaired to give up a few saterdays if he is open. once out of school the weekend is no longer the same, bills always come first.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I agree with you on that topic 100%. My bill right now is college a $15,000 plus bill that is needed to be saved up and paid off. I may not be in the school yet but thanks to me and my moms hard work I'm clear this year and if I get work this summer most likely next year. My thoughts are after second year college I'll head maybe out west for the amount of time I don't have school which I think is December I'll have to wait and see. My tattoo is almost all scab free I just have this annoying razer burn and that little bit of scabbing to deal with and then I'll have a picture for you guys

The other night my girlfriend went and got a tattoo done and I also got one (with her money) I got the miller logo on my spine The girlfriend has a camera that works so Ill be taking pictures of that
    while your taking pics how about one of your girlfriends tattoo. You probably don't want to tell her you will be posting it on the "World Wide Web"

Thumbs up

Miller logo tatooed on your spine. Now thats a Miller fan for sure. I hope you never have to work for lincoln That had to hurt
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Young welder,

As an "old f@rt" just thought I'd chime in. Probably the most important fact in getting a new job is, "YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT AT MAKING A FIRST IMPRESSION".

What's in today may be totally unacceptable in the future--tat's included.

Back in the late '60's and early '70's the guys I ran with (Special Forces/Green Berets) were big into the tats (I wasn't). Nearly to a man today, if they had it all to do over, they would have done things a little differently.

When was the last time you saw a company (any company) CEO with a ring in his nose or a tat on his neck.

Food for thought.

I will ask her and jsut maybe if im lucky be able to post that picture to. Sundown I like the way you think I love tattoos alot but I want to see where my life takes me before I go anywhere near the big ones I want if things dont work out then they wont be there
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan