Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default whew...

So what does the windmill look like? and how many KW's are we talking here (per tower)?

I take it this trailer has to be able to navigate over rough terrain?
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

It is a giant pivot that Sky Scrapers sit on when soil conditions are too poor to have a conventional foundation. The building has sensors that automatically tell the pivot to adjust one way or the other to keep it standing straight up. They are made in Tokoyo Japan and Tucson Arizona by a company that is owned by Russians.
    Millermatic 350P
    Dynasty 350DX
    Trailblazer 302
    Spectrum 2050
    Spectrum 375 Extreme

Looks like the first photo was taken in 2005 (per datestamp), so I guess the project isn't moving along too smartly.

Thumbs up It is done

Actually, this project was completed in 05. I am building 3 more and found these old pics. I will send pics of new ones as they are still in progress.

Default New Schnable

I will updaete project as it happens.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Finished project

Finally done, i started this Jan 27th.

Smile

More pics. This has been a nightmare!!

Default Mystery!

How about a guide for a small pile driver or drill rig? Sh*t.
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

Wink

I've got a buddy that hauls those things. Not sure how much longer he's going to be doing it - about a month and a half ago, his excort service tried taking him under an overpass that was a little too short in Springfield Mo - needless to say he bashed up a Million dollar tower and screwed up the bridge The company he's hauling for was pretty much un-impressed with that. Just last week I saw one of those tower stuck on a railroad crossing in my hometown. Pretty neat the way the trailers can raise, lower, and steer someting that long and heavy, but not too neat when the D.O.T. is giving some poor sucker an A$$ chewing.....

Was Chuck driving when that happened?