Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mig Welding Cart -zilla & Steel Windows

I just got a Miller Passport Plus. (Why isn't it Miller Blue????) Haven't really welded much before, but I'm a General Contractor and fairly good at picking things up. I've been following these threads since I was first looking at the Passport and learned a lot from the posts. Thank you. I thought I'd give something back.

These are my first 2 projects with the Passport. The first are a 17 foot wide, 9 foot tall set of steel, dual paned windows. They were built from scratch and installed in Santa Fe, NM. They're based off 1 1/2" T bar steel. I had to order this from Denver and have it shipped down to Santa Fe. The idiots at the Mesa Steel in Santa Fe had the audacity to "inform" me that there was no such thing as T bar steel. I couldn't find it in Albuquerque either but at least they knew what I was talking about. I thought they came out pretty cool. The pictures don't do them as much justice as sitting in front of them in Santa Fe looking at the Sangre de Christo Mountains in the morning.

http://gallery.mac.com/dcerniglio/100022

So when we did the windows I had to rig up a cart out of a dolly as you can see in the pictures. When I got back to L.A. I figured the first thing I needed was a cart for everything to sit on and wheel around. I combed over this site for ideas. This is what happened. I call it Cartzilla. I'm still trying to decide if I should paint it. I'm open to opinions.

http://gallery.mac.com/dcerniglio#100030

Ok... let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Dark Helmet; 04-29-2008 at 02:04 PM.
    I see your schwartz is as big as mine!

Miller Passport Plus
    ESAB Mini Arc 150APS
    Various other nifty accouterments

Beautiful work on the windows.

Love those quick release Bessy C-Clamps, eh?

Where abouts in LA are you?
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

Talking

Holy crap you do nice work!!!!!!!!! I love just about every aspect of that cart! You have some great enginearing skills.

A+A+A+A+A+.....or.....*****

insane....beautiful dogs, house, shop, view....priceless
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Thanks guys for the kind words. I live in Venice Beach, CA. 90291 baby! Yeah, I like the Bessey Clamps. I wish I had bought more of them.

What do you guys think? Paint or no paint.

Miller Passport Plus
    ESAB Mini Arc 150APS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
    Thanks guys for the kind words. I live in Venice Beach, CA. 90291 baby! Yeah, I like the Bessey Clamps. I wish I had bought more of them.

What do you guys think? Paint or no paint.
    MILLER BLUE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    MILLER BLUE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It'll make up for the passport's color.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder

Default Powder coat

Tasslehawf... Aren't you in L.A? Do you know a good powder coater who's not too expensive in L.A.?

Thanks

Miller Passport Plus
    ESAB Mini Arc 150APS

One of my metal working friends told me about a place that he uses in Sun Valley called Powder Craft (818) 504-9141.

I used to use Pyramid Powder Coating, but they're too expensive.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder

Default Thanks

Thanks, I'll try giving them a call. I just checked out your website. Pretty cool stuff. Have you been doing concrete a long time?

Miller Passport Plus
    ESAB Mini Arc 150APS