Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leathers

Angry

I was in both of my LWS , took my list and asked for the Miller gloves ,Miller jacket , front and inner shields for my OPTREL SATELITE helmet , some 4 1/2" cut off disc , 4 new tips for my Victor O/A outfit and some tips for my 635 plasma ...............

The answes i got from the owner was , "Didnt know Miller had welding clothes ?" so i took the Miller book on the desk and opened to the Arc Armor and said i got the same book from your store 6 months ago , the other replys to my needs was .....no , sorry , dont have , dont stock , no and no again.

I asked if he was selling His Ford truck out side , he said "No, Why" I told him because thats the only thing he had "on hand" that i would by. ( and he will need to be selling here with in the year if he keeps selling and stocking the way he has been )

He did have boxes of ear plugs on sale he tried to pawn off on me. I said I'll order them from the internet too when i order my other stuff.

So much for supporting your LWS . what a bunch of loosers. They do it to themselves.
    Last edited by Roospike; 06-09-2007 at 01:22 AM.

BTW: Hobart also has a "work glove" , I wonder if its like the Miller metal working glove ? The glove is kinda thick leather and runs small. The XL is like a big size medium.

The big problem with the Hobart welding gloves and the work gloves is the stores get them in bulk and when they sell down/out it might take 2 months to get more or even stock them again. What a PITA .
    Attached Images Attached Images

back is totaly diferent, miller version have a velcro strap. palm looks similer but i think the miller has an exra layer in the palm,X3
    i know what you mean about some of the LWS.
    my LWS 20mil. round trip, the one i go to 100mil. round trip. so i do understand. some people just dont care about the customer any more. the internet will put them out of buisness for shore. i'm all for suporting local but when its a $500 diference on a $1700 item. its just no going to hapen. makeing a profit is one thing, robbing you blind is another. and the one 20 miles away also dose not cary or care about the miller gloves, the one 100mil. caries the miller line compleat. they also are the only one that will fill my owned tanks becasue they are 120cft and 80cft and they only rent the tanks above 60cft. i even told them i dont care i'll let you pt my tank into the system i own my home and will not be moveing you can be my gas guy for many years and i dont care about haveing your bottle or mie no biggy. but he will not budge on it. stupid realy, fill price is 80% labor so they would have my sole gas buisness once i have there tank's no one will fill some one elses so they get all my buisness. but no cant do it. so 100mil. i go. i know of another guy near me that also makes the same trip for all his welding needs and he is 5mil. from the one i hate but its off to the 90mil trip for him too.LOL
    well i gotta go hit the sack and try again to get some sleep its 4am and my pills are finaly starting to work a lil so i might be able to get a few Hrs of sleep befor i' ahev to get up for more. been fun chattiing
    later
    James
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Well, from the sounds of it, the Miller stuff should be top notch, so I will look for it at my LWS, see if they have it, or can get it, and compete with Cyberwelds pricing. Since I'm not doing this commercially (yet, at least) price to me isn't nearly as important as quality, because I doubt I will wear these pieces out any time soon. More likely damage them doing something stupid, but that's where having good quality stuff will save your arse.

Leather is cheaper and less painful to replace than skin, methinks.

the welding store i go to caries them at the same price as cyberweld.
    and you will be verry happy with them i'm shore.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

12:16PM ??? i got 8:26AM but the post time clock say 12:16 PM what time they on, europe.LOL
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

looks like the hobart have the same palms as the miller just diferent backs. also the miller has a velcro strap on the mettal workers gloves. here are some pic's of my Miller gloves front and back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Interesting comments on your LWS's I have 2 near me, 50 miles round trip to either. Both places treat me real well, except I have noticed they hardly carry anything anymore. Seems all they want to do is sell gas and wire. thats about it. I got the same answer about the Miller gloves you did. They never heard of them.
    I'm all for supporting local vendors but $300.00 difference on a plasma cutter and no tax......cyber weld sells another one......
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

My local dealer doesn't stock much, another dealer has a lot of inventory, but for much larger customers than me.

Now I am looking for those old fashion heavy duty wooden coat hanger to put my stuff.

Ollies Discount place has basket for inline skates that works for some of my leather and place to put my bucket.

Jerry

LWS problems, went to the local and picked up a 50 box of cutoff wheels, as they put in computer, they said they could only sell me 42, someone else already had requested some???? WTF, this has happened before, Tweco connectors, picked up 4, said only 2 were available, well get them off the shelf then, it was not like I was rummaging on their will call shelf. And I did buy 800 clams worth of disks and rod that day, give me a break....nuff said....that pigskin does look pretty nice, I know my leather is heavy, heavy, heavy,
    Paul
    More Spark Today Please