Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leathers

generaly just a shirt and gloves, but if im doing inverted or over head work i go with my welding jacket with the metal sleves. the leather was first gotten for plasma cutting and then later when i got whire wheels it and a full face shield were a every time no exceptions thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Pigskin Baby

I would try pigskin, it is light weight, abrasion resistant and much cooler than leather.
    Steve Beckman

Rockford Industrial Welding Supply, Inc.
    "Setting the Standard in Service"
    riws.com

I wear a long sleeved school uniform when I'm welding normaly.

Fun4Now, it must be warm under there, but that is the way I dress up to weld. My sleeves are pigskin, they work o.k.

Jerry

naa NY a few months ago just as spring was getting started, so the jacket was a good thing. but i still would have ben in it if it had not been cool out. 2 wire cup brushes and 2 flap disks and 2 welders all going under 1 car at the same time. it was a good thing.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by WELD 15 View Post
    I would try pigskin, it is light weight, abrasion resistant and much cooler than leather.
    Why should a cute pig go naked just so you can learn to weld?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Why should a cute pig go naked just so you can learn to weld?
    He cant be naked if I had him for breakfest already.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    naa NY a few months ago just as spring was getting started, so the jacket was a good thing. but i still would have ben in it if it had not been cool out. 2 wire cup brushes and 2 flap disks and 2 welders all going under 1 car at the same time. it was a good thing.
    You should see the in Northern Ohio it 90 degrees on day then it dropped to the 50's for a couple then went back to the 90's.

personally i cant afford the nice full leather jackets but ive got severall of the approns and lots of gloves that i hardly if at all use. i usaully wear a blue-jean jacket and gloves.
    welding...its awsome

Talking

in the summer I usally wear my leather gloves, and flame resdtint sleeves, t-shirt In the winter time usally wear leather jacket, leather gloves

Inferno Forge

Chris