Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thats a nice looking cart. Im thinking of making some running gear for my TB302, and your cart was inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by tasslehawf View Post
    Wow. That's taller than I was expecting it to be. Have you tested to see how stable it is? Might want to throw a strap over the welder..? (Pointless if the cart isn't stable). $.02
    I like it up high cause it will be much easier to adjust, and I have a storage area. I will strap the Dynasty down even though it's very stable. No play at all in the wheels or the carts frame. I'm still not done with it yet. I bought 1/2" x 1/16th x 3ft Aluminum tube today to make my cable hangers. I also bought the chrome chain to secure the tank. I have the weld the middle frame still . Is there any thing else you would do to the cart?

usmcruz I'm glad I inspired you. I went to get a cart and realized it was to small so I decided to make one. You can do anything you can imagine with a welder. If you need any pics let me know. I getting good with this Pic stuff.

James
    Last edited by StillBoostin; 04-25-2008 at 08:46 PM.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Looking awsome dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usmcruz: wanted to say thanks again for your pics from the other thread...
    If you make a cart for your running gear, you still going to make it so you can put forks under it to put it in your truck???
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

No. I think you got everything. I think you mentioned you were adding a handle..

Man that thing would so not work at my place.. Lol. I have to pull my cart out of the garage, over a 1" high water dam, off the concrete walkway (1" down) and into the grass where I'm currently working. If it weren't so low it definitely fall over. But you lucky b@stard, you actually have a garage to work in.

Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

I can't believe that foot pedal will work on that machine
    Have you tried it??? That has to be the first time I've seen one like that on a Dynasty for sure.
    Last edited by FusionKing; 04-27-2008 at 07:58 PM.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Not yet. Why would it not work. It is a 14 pin plug, and it lined up and screwed in. It has 6 pins in it I believe. The part number is RFCS-14 Remote Foot Control (14-pin plug).

James
    20Ton press
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

same one that came with my contractor's kit for my dynasty 200dx also! But...your's looks metal?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

If it's 14-pin it will work. Ahh.. standards.

That is a monster pedal, though. I got a gigantic one with my Maxstar - it was a pain to lug around. So I switched it with the lighter plastic one that came with my Syncrowave.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

Did you get a black soot covering or surrounding your weld?
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Miller Millermatic Passport Plus
    Thermal Dynamics Dragun Plasma Cutter

Protect your seccond ammendment rights! Join the NRA!

Quote Originally Posted by tasslehawf View Post
    If it's 14-pin it will work. Ahh.. standards.

That is a monster pedal, though. I got a gigantic one with my Maxstar - it was a pain to lug around. So I switched it with the lighter plastic one that came with my Syncrowave.
    Glad you guys chimed in cause I was getting worried about the pedal. You guys are right, it is very heavy but I got it cheap. Gonna get Get a smaller one soon.

James
    20Ton press
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com