Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by grnxrymnky View Post
    here's a pic of my son standing inside our latest job. i had to resize the image, i hope it's not too small! if it's ok, i'll add more pics.
    Thats one happy Boy! Thanks for the picture, it made me smile

Quote Originally Posted by grnxrymnky View Post
    he already has his own clear shield and legit hardhat, and as soon as he can write with a steady hand i plan on letting him start scratching some steel with a rod in lttle weave and stringer patterns.
    Their layout skills could use a little more practice fer sure

The Sprout and I have the same Safety procedure- I pick up the grinder and show him- he skoots over to his Sandbox

Once he was "Welding" 2 pieces of rebar and I sat down to watch - he made me put my "Helmet" on.

Said " No Dad, gotta put your helmet on"
    Attached Images Attached Images

as far as the damage to the 325 cat bucket, MADCOW, they were busting up concrete with it. but we're heavily funded clay around jackson, ms. the shifty/swelly/shrinky type that moves around and increases the bank accounts for the people that do foundation repair.

oh yeah concrete will do that. if we are in a pinch and have to use the hoe to move concrete we put the frost tooth in the 345. that way the bucket is ok. our sand buckets will bend the cutting edge pretty easy if you get into concrete aggressively, then they are no good for cutting grade.

but they cut through hot asphalt real nice!!

Smile kids and hammers

Broccoli1 : kids love hammers! is your helper tearing it up or adjusting the fit?!?

this morning, before i went to my real job, i thought i'd prime the top on my freebie gangbox. it's pretty pitted with rust so after hitting it with the wire angle grinder wheel, i poured some primer out and started spreading it with a smooth roller. as soon as my little boy realized what i was doing he disappeared and almost instantly returned with a foam paint brush saying, "i found one, i need some!" i'm telling you life can't get any better than that! what could i do but let him spread a little primer?
    1 BEST 6 Y/O HELPER IN THE WORLD
    2 VICTOR O/A TORCHES
    LINCOLN SP 175 PLUS
    4 EACH 20 TON JACKS
    SEVERAL LESSER TON JACKS
    SEVERAL GRINDERS
    LOTS OF HAMMERS MISC SIZES
    BIG PILE OF MISC TOOLS
    CLASS A CDL'S
    C7500 FLAT BED
    4 TRAILERS
    HOME MADE GANTRY CRANE
    SOME GOOD COMMON SENSE (I THINK)
    TRACTOR WITH NEW HEAVY DUTY LIFT POLE -- FIND MY THREAD
    6 GOATS, 1 DOG, 1 DONKEY...
    ON AND ON AND ON...

According to him he was "Fixing it!"

It was an extra cage for a Yamaha Rhino that I picked up on CL and just needed the Head Rests so he could "Fix" that one as much as he wanted

I'm still laughin' about yers smackin' the Bucket with you inside

Default Welder Boy

It's nice to have it all in the family!

Lance
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!