Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    , I did give him a 50 dollar credit towards the new trailer,
    When talking to him and 'doing the deal',
    Something I'd have found too hard to resist---
    would be to say something like,
    "Yeah, I'll take it as a trade in. Heck, them tires are still pretty fresh, I think I can sell them"...

You know he'll leave with a big smile,
    and hope he didn't 'help' you so much he ended up cheating himself....

Then put them on his new trailer.

Can ya imagine the expression when he picks it up?

Last edited by Winger Ed.; 06-09-2007 at 03:43 AM.
    "Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

now thats just funny , i dont care who ya are.
    then when he starts looking at it funny, tell him for $75 you could set him up with some better rubber .
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Talking

i have to agree thats pretty good right there. know im gonna watch who i buy trailers from and check the tires.
    welding...its awsome

Default You saw what I got, here's what he got

Just thought I would show what he left with compared to what he came with. The little trailer is going to be outfitted with a small chemical tank and a small gas powered pump for pond stabilization at the local golf courses and will be towed behind a 4 wheeler. The bigger trailer is for the 4 wheeler and tank trailer to be stored on while in transport. Believe it or not he used to tow his 4 wheeler on that pieces of junk I cut up for him. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Thumbs up

well i dont know.. .. there are some afully deep groves in those tires you put on it...are you shore there safe like that?
    thats some fine work you did there no ? about it. i wish i lived closer, i would bring ya lunch so i could hang out and watch ya work once in a wile. you clearly build quality trailors. those that get them are lucky to have that kind of quality as an option.
    the mass produced ones just are not werth a dang. your's are well above them no ??great lil set of trailors you made for him. will probly increase his buisness just on aperaences alone.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Thumbs up

nice work! i might eventually make another utility trailor so we can fit all our atvs on one better.

Dabar,

That is a really sweet trailer, is that what you use to hauler those other trailers to the dump with?

Jerry

Nice trailers. What do you use for paint?
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Wife and I saw something interesting this past Sat. night. We were driving down one of the main highways in our town when we started to pull up along side of a pickup pulling a fairly large trailer on the trailer were about 3 4-wheelers and then there was a smaller trailer behind the 4-wheelers. What caught my eye was one of the tie down straps was trailing along behind the large trailer as it was going down the highway. As we pulled up to a stoplight in the center of town this pickup pulling the trailer was in the inside lane and I was in the outside lane just a short ways behind the larger trailer. I noticed that the tie down strap seemed to be tied to the side rails of the trailer but the strap was busted in the center area and there was no ratchet to the strap anyplace. I was sitting there wondering what the strap was supposed to be holding in place, and wondering if the guy had lost part of his load off the trailer. When the light turned green the guy driving the pickup started to pull ahead rapidly and here came the little trailer shooting off of the larger trailer.

The smaller trailer was probably about 4-5' wide and about 9-10' long. The back of the small trailer hit the highway and the was still coming back when it hung on the tongue of the small trailer. The pickup did a very fast stop there in the highway and the passengers in the pickup looked very surprised. I was very glad I was not in the same lane as the pickup and trailer was in. The vehicle behind them came very close to being hit by the small trailer as it slid off the larger one.

I imagine those guys in the pickup will remember that incident for a long time to come. Hope they do a better job of tieing down the load they are hauling in the future and maybe check the straps once in awhile to make sure everything is still okay.

Default paint

HMW,

I have tried all sorts of products over the years but I found for the price and durability rustoleum rusty metal primer and then top coat with rustoleum enamel gives me the best bang for the buck. I've tried all sorts of industrial coatings and none seem to hold up as well, I've tried going high dollar and also going cheap, and rustoleum out does them all for what I'm using it for. I know I have probably left myself open for everyone to suggest other products, but if the are out there I haven't found them yet.

fun4now, I'll take a roastbeef and provalone on a hard roll, mayo, salt and pepper,with a little bit of lettuce and don't forget the large Iced Tea to wash it down with.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate it, but stop it now as my head won't be fitting back in the hood if it keeps getting swelled up.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en