Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default My question would have to be

do you guys not have some form of vehicle inspections you have to pass before something like that is allowed on to public roads. We have vehicle warrent of fitness tests every 6 months on all vehicles.

People like him, make people like US pay way too much for insurance. That trailer was an acccident just waiting to happen.

Mike

grahambr
    its different from state to state, some are harder than others.unforchenetly this thing is all too commen.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by grahambr View Post
    do you guys not have some form of vehicle inspections you have to pass before something like that is allowed on to public roads. We have vehicle warrent of fitness tests every 6 months on all vehicles.
    every 6 months, that seems a bit excessive? we are not that formal here, but if you are pulling something like that down an old country road, might get away with it. Pull something like that down the interstate or major roads, the law would be all over it like flies on xxit.

The ones that make me nervous are the big boats behind a mini van.

Good job on removing that trailer from the traffic pool.

What vintage do you think the axle is?

Default It is in it's grave!!!

The "trailer" is gone, cut up into little itty bitty pieces. We can all sleep a little better knowing this thing will never see the road again. The bad news is that there is more of them out there on the road. Now as to some of the comments, Yes, I do seem to get my share of crap to repair, no we didn't save the good metal (there wasn't any), no, we couldn't have a bon fire as we are under a burn ban, yes, I did give him a 50 dollar credit towards the new trailer, and, yes I would have loved to bury that thing in your field. And for the last question about the inspection process , in Florida the D.M.V. does not have any type of inspection system in place. When I build a new trailer, all I have to supply is a certificate of origin and the owner gets it registered, it's that simple. The D.M.V. never sees the vehicle just the paper work. I do believe that we need a vehicle inspection put back into place as it was done away with back in the 80's. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

our's have to be inspected when you regester then again every year. most likely its due to the salt rusting every thing out they put a yearly inspection on them up here.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default inspections

They did away with the annual inspections down here several years ago. I was told that it was basically because all of the different counties couldn't agree on the inspection process. All of the counties had different requirements and you could be legal in one county and not in the next. I firmly believe that all states should have a state inspection if not a federally mandated inspection. We do have D.O.T. officers on the highways and interstate that will stop junk like this trailer, but as said earlier in this post the local authorities look the other way when they see stuff like this. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Exclamation

thats scary . thats hardly worth $10 for scrap metal.
    welding...its awsome

On this evening's news was a story about a man dragging a horse that was in a falling apart trailer. This was around Dover Ohio.

The horse got one leg off the trailer, the trailer didn't like like anything I would move a horse in or on.

The horse was doing O.K. but had injuries on one leg.

Bad trailer are bad news

Jerry

I am surprised he didn't want you to fix it up instead of building him a new one. Should be a tax deduction for taking that in on trade.