Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default I think I may have saved a few lives today

I had a guy call and talk to me about building him a new trailer, we go over the details and formalities, settle on the price and delivery date, every things going good at this point. He then asks the one question I try to avoid, "will you take my old trailer as a trade in?". I tell him that I try not to deal in used items if I can help it, but instead of holding my ground I cave and tell him to bring it by so I can look at it. After seeing this "trailer", I had no choice but to take it off the guy's hands. I think I may have saved a few lives by getting this thing off the road and sent to the grave it sorely needs. I am totally amazed at what people will drag down the road without realizing how much danger they are creating for the rest of us driving down the road, and even more amazed the police haven't stopped him before. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

I swear you end up with some of the worst trailers I've seen. Glad your going to build him a new one
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Why would he put drag slicks on a trailer?

So are you going to set this thing on fire to burn the wood off and then drag it to the scrapyard?
    Last edited by jjsjeff; 06-05-2007 at 12:41 PM.

Thumbs up

GLAD you got it and will finally putt in the graveyard LOL, if I was you I would the good metal off and what couldn`t be used I would take the scarpyard

Inferno Forge

Chris

I have a hole in my field just about that size that needs to be filled........but that is not good enough

good god that thing is junk. you are a hero for getting that off the road.
    hh 187.:
    powcon 300 st
    cheap chinese plasma cutter
    miller diversion :

well we all thank you for getting that off the road but have to wonder how he could expect you to give him $$ credit tword a new one for that POS.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Well I suppose it could be viewed as a monitary donation to the charity toward saving peoples lives...

One less road hazard causing grief and tax payers dollars
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

That's just too much.

I wonder how many tons of sand or rocks he normally carried in it.

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Hmm, there's a saying along the lines of you will always do well by doing good.

You have done good. I'm sure you will do well.