Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There's not allot to see of the engine yet. It's all mock-up stuff at this point. Even the carb. is a PVC mock-up. It will eventually be an F-2 pro charged 540 BBC.

Talking

Did you do the intercooler yourself? If so verry nice work as well as everything else so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
    Did you do the intercooler yourself? If so verry nice work as well as everything else so far.
    Since he is not online now, I can answer that. I recognized it right away when I saw it. Here is a link to his thread on it.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=12243
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by burninbriar View Post
    Since he is not online now, I can answer that. I recognized it right away when I saw it. Here is a link to his thread on it.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=12243
    Thanks for the link!

Beautiful - Nice work !

Did you also fab the seats ?

Is that a HF brake, Enco, ?
    How do you like it
    I'm planning to buy a 4'x16g brake with my stimulus check, looking for recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck U&R View Post
    Beautiful - Nice work !

Did you also fab the seats ?

Is that a HF brake, Enco, ?
    How do you like it
    I'm planning to buy a 4'x16g brake with my stimulus check, looking for recommendations.

Thanks
    No, the seats are Kirkey.
    The brand name on the brake is Central Machinery
    Item # 45876
    I haven't used it much yet, but so far I like it.

Default nice form

Quote Originally Posted by burninbriar View Post
    Pretty cleaver, here is a few pics of a radius bender I made for my brake, it was fairly easy and worked well. I think it is 7/8" radius. It snaps right onto the nosebar.
    That's a nice, simple looking die, Burninbriar. I've made some dies for my brake too, as we're always needing to form different contours. I think we also did a 7/8" radius and I know we've done some 10 ga. stainless on it.
    I'll try to remember to snap some pics.
    It takes some thought and time, but there's nothing like being able to form it up in-house.
    Last edited by chrisgay@sbcglo; 04-21-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Default nice work Pro70

Looks like you're taking your time to get it right. That was a good idea to do the fibreglass release. We do a lot of that for aero/body work. Looks like you're getting good use out of your CNC. Thumbs up and good luck with the rest of the project.

Question

NICE work, I love metal fabrication; even if it's a welder cart. And I'm a closet motorhead...... so you can guess what I think of this.

My question is: I didn't know that you needed to heat aluminum to bend it?

See my sig for my point of view.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

I wanted a fairly sharp/even bend. Since the piece I was bending was 1/4" on the edges and 1/8'' in the machined areas and I was bending right along side gauge openings I didn't want to distort, I played it safe & got the aluminum hot enough to be pliable. 1/4'' plate aluminum is a little beyond what this brake is rated for. I put a fair amount of pressure on it and then heated the plate until it gave.