Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Talking

I realy love the way you reused the old street signs. Every time I see something original from somone I try to scrutinize every last inch of it that I can for possible ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
    I realy love the way you reused the old street signs. Every time I see something original from somone I try to scrutinize every last inch of it that I can for possible ideas.

Thanks for the compliment! I do the the same exact thing you listed above. This is what I Love About Welding and All Metal Work! So many routes to choose when making something!

Street signs are pretty cheap! Two to four bolts and they're yours, cough, cough..., ah'em, I mean two to four bucks and they're yours$$$ No really I work for a highway construction outfit and signs are readily available. Too much damage on them and they cannot be used, I grab the best damaged ones before they are thrown into the recycling bin.

I have used signs to make motorcycle parts, designs and such. They shine up real good with rouge, pedestal polisher and some elbow grease, lots of elbow grease. Though I did learn real quickly "when polishing wear thick welding gloves and hold on with a death grip" after ducking "shiny" aluminum projects flying at my head at 300mph and suffering 3rd degree burns on the palms of my hands!!! People thought I purchased the parts instead of making them, so it was worth it.

Looks awesome, I'd be proud to park that in my garage!!! (Might get stolen in my driveway!)
    Keep us posted with any changes you make and why you make them, I always like to hear what works and what doesn't.
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RAD View Post
    [/COLOR]

Thanks for the compliment! I do the the same exact thing you listed above. This is what I Love About Welding and All Metal Work! So many routes to choose when making something!

Street signs are pretty cheap! Two to four bolts and they're yours, cough, cough..., ah'em, I mean two to four bucks and they're yours$$$ No really I work for a highway construction outfit and signs are readily available. Too much damage on them and they cannot be used, I grab the best damaged ones before they are thrown into the recycling bin.

I have used signs to make motorcycle parts, designs and such. They shine up real good with rouge, pedestal polisher and some elbow grease, lots of elbow grease. Though I did learn real quickly "when polishing wear thick welding gloves and hold on with a death grip" after ducking "shiny" aluminum projects flying at my head at 300mph and suffering 3rd degree burns on the palms of my hands!!! People thought I purchased the parts instead of making them, so it was worth it.
    You know what they say. Theres more than one way to skin a cat.

Thumbs up

I like the rails up front and the tool box as well....Course can't forget all the blue. Nice looking
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Very nice, I would have used a different beer to power it;
    But other than that... Perfection!
    Millermatic 210

Default RAd- where's the torch?

"In the box" good place for it. Less mischif makers se, the less they are temped.

Very cool- kudos to you, dude
    Martin
    Welding Technician
    AWS Certified Welding Inspector
    AWS Certified Welding Educator
    ASNT ACCP Level II VT/GI/D
    www.linkedin.com/pub/martin-cramer/20/b36/940/

Default welding trailer

Quote Originally Posted by RAD View Post
    I pulled the trailer yesterday to a small job. I took it about 60 miles round trip and the trailer pulled very good. I was impressed with how well it pulled being it only has a 6ft long deck and 4ft wide with 30" of tongue.

I will keep an eye on that. Thanks for the heads up!
    I agree with RAD completely, I made the first trailer same way, I've been there. It will bend where the deck meets the tongue, this is only intended to save your welder. When you hit a big pothole the stress will be too much for the neck, the tool box won't help it any depending on weight. It does look nice. P.S. put some Miller Decals on it.

Just thought I would leave this, it is a website for miller decals for your trailer and machine. Later Josh

http://www.decalshoppe.com/miller_welders_decals

Nice rig, RAD!
    ...John

Dynasty 200DX
    Lincoln SP135 Plus
    Victor O/A outfit
    Dewalt chop saw

US Navy '65-'69
    Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
    USS Intrepid '67