Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

I grind them back as well. This way like others have mentioned you have full wall thickness. Mike.

When I built my cage I would clamp the tube in the notcher so it wouldn't cut enough of the end to make a knife edge. There were those times however when I would have to notch a second time for fit. Then I would cut the sharp edges back with the band saw.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2577...bI?vhost=rides
    Just one example. If your making a kitchen table or a picture frame then who cares. If someone making structural products like cages or motorcycle frames etc, don't do a good job they are going to get sued eventually. May even kill someone. Not a place to be cutting corners. .o2
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Lincoln 140
    O/A
    Gradatim vincimus
    "We conquer by degrees."

Default Big Bear Chopper

I really hope he walked away. I hope that BBC is doing something about the crap they sold him. At the very least brought it to their attention that the guy doing their welding has screwed up.

WOW!!! That Big Bear chopper is a mess!!!
    at home:
    2012 325 Trailblazer EFI with Excel power
    2007 302 Trailblazer with the Robin FOR SALE
    2008 Suitcase 12RC
    Spoolmatic 30A
    WC-24
    2009 Dynasty 200DX
    2000 XMT 304
    2008 Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Sold:MM130XP
    Sold:MM 251
    Sold:CST 280

at work:
    Invision 350MP
    Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    Retired:Shopmaster 300 with a HF-251

WOW, that is insane! Glad he walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Collar Moto View Post
    Just one example. If your making a kitchen table or a picture frame then who cares. If someone making structural products like cages or motorcycle frames etc, don't do a good job they are going to get sued eventually. May even kill someone. Not a place to be cutting corners. .o2

Thumbs up

Grind them!
    "If you build it, they will come!"

i just don't understand how some one could weld on some thing like that if they did not know what they were doing ?? its not like they were saving time or $$, they just did a sh ity job. if you are not going to, or able to do it right, just don't do it. no matter what the $$$. some jobs just should not be done if you don't have the skill to do it right.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Collar Moto View Post
    Obviously bad welding. They probably learned how to weld by watching Youtube or OCC.

Griff