Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The 660 carbs I have worked on have not had the throttle linkage progressive. The secondary throttle blades open equally with the primarys,which works good for drag racing, but won't work as good on the street. You could try the 450 cfm carbs, but on something like your building, I would like mechanical secondary carbs. Don't they make a 390 cfm carb?

Quote Originally Posted by HOTRODWILLYS View Post
    Nice Yellow Hot Rod but why need the supercharging get BIGGER??
    MillerMatic 211

Interesting feedback. After a discussion with his wife it has been noted that Scott Phillips, aka budboy of Oogah Rodders in New Zealand is wanting this big blower to compensate for his really small *****.

ok. maybe I'm not picturing this clearly in my head, but if you mount the rear blower backwards, won't it be spinning the wrong way, 'blowing' up through the carbs? Me? I'd run twin turbos, plumb dual mixers for propane (110+ octane and dirt cheap) and roast tires all day for pennies a tank. Smells funny too!

Quote Originally Posted by kelzweld View Post
    An Allison would be cool, but no, its a 460 Ford. Heres a pik of the project. As a secondary thought, do people repair cracked blower housings, or are they junk when cracked?
    Sick car! I have always wanted to buying one of those. How the **** do you see where you are going?
    Brian C.
    Turbobrian Fabrication LLc.
    Miller D165
    Miller 140
    Miller Digital Elite

"ok. maybe I'm not picturing this clearly in my head, but if you mount the rear blower backwards, won't it be spinning the wrong way, 'blowing' up through the carbs?"

That would depend on how you set up the drive to the driven. Both sets of rotors would have to go the same way. As a side note, this is an old thread and I dont remember why I said "backwards". Sorry to confuse.
    Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
    Miller 180 w/Autoset
    Old cutting torch on LPG

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingpig View Post
    " As a side note, this is an old thread and I dont remember why I said "backwards". Sorry to confuse.
    Yes, an old thread, and the guy wanting it done was a time wasting dreamer. I'm sure all of you who work in this industry have come across them. As a side note, his reasoning for wanting to do the two superchargers was not so much a performance thing, as a look at me, I'm different thing.

"look at me, I'm different thing"

Thats what most of the car show guys are looking for. I know a few guys that are into that deal and I have to wonder if they are really secure with themselves. I tend to think of them as "show offs".
    Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
    Miller 180 w/Autoset
    Old cutting torch on LPG

i read all this and never got to see the two blower's welded! F k
    TB 325
    TB 302
    dynasty 200sd
    spoolmatic 30a/wc24
    suitcase x-treme 12vs
    miller 211
    evolution rage 2