Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ? on Syncrowave 200

I am making a trailer out of 1/4 in steel and dose the 200 weld up to 1/4 in i have never tryed it so i would like to know befor i buy the steel.
    Millermatic 135
    Syncrowave 200 with coolmate 3
    Hypertherm powermax 30

were I am when I am home
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...5/IMG_7413.jpg

I'll assume SMAW, so the answer is definitely yes, no problem.

even if he wanted to TIG it it would do the 1/4" in the small runs needed for a trailor assembly. small duty cycle but doable.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

ok yes i was going to tig weld it
    Millermatic 135
    Hypertherm powermax 30

were I am when I am home

it will do 1/4" but its at the top of the amp's so the duty cycle will be short.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    it will do 1/4" but its at the top of the amp's so the duty cycle will be short.
    ok Its all I got so it will have to do the coolemate should help me a little!
    Millermatic 135
    Hypertherm powermax 30

were I am when I am home

Default just wondering?

Why would you want to take all the extra time involved in welding a trailer with a tig ? It's a trailer not a show piece, yes tig looks nice but mig and stick is so much faster and when done right it looks good too. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

i think he just wants the practise
    it will be fine for a trailor as they will be small welds then move and do another small weld, small being 3" and under. well within the duty cycle. stick would be a much faster way to do it. i'm just guessing its getting TIG for the paractise. the cooler will help no question about it, should make it a nice comfortable weld project.
    be shore to get us some pic's. we all love pic's
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    Why would you want to take all the extra time involved in welding a trailer with a tig ? It's a trailer not a show piece, yes tig looks nice but mig and stick is so much faster and when done right it looks good too. Dave
    MIG is faster.

TIG is funner.

LOL cant argue with that one.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES