Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default New to the board, project pics

I lurked long enough, lot of good info on this board. Not a welder by trade, I moved large safes for 7 years all over the country and now pilot a desk. I started welding pieces for the powerlifting gym I train at and it has grown quite a bit. here is some of the things I have built. First is a belt squat machine for when your back is messed up and it allows you to continue to squat with compressing your spine. 11ga tubing. 1600# roller bearing pulleys. 10,540# breaking strength cable, 3/4" shoulder bolts as axles. All in all, extremely overbuilt. and extremely fun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by STRENGTH AND POWER View Post
    I lurked long enough, lot of good info on this board. Not a welder by trade, I moved large safes for 7 years all over the country and now pilot a desk. I started welding pieces for the powerlifting gym I train at and it has grown quite a bit. here is some of the things I have built. First is a belt squat machine for when your back is messed up and it allows you to continue to squat with compressing your spine. 11ga tubing. 1600# roller bearing pulleys. 10,540# breaking strength cable, 3/4" shoulder bolts as axles. All in all, extremely overbuilt. and extremely fun
    Welcome! That's pretty nice work - I like to overbuild things as well. I think it has to do with my not wanting to fix what I build. LOL

- Chad
    - Millermatic DVI2
    - Victor Super Range II O/A Torch
    - Milwaukee Dry Cut Chop Saw
    - Milwaukee Super Magnum 4.5" Grinder
    - Compact Bender w/ Scroll Attachment
    - Band/Ring Roller

Cool stuff..
    welcome to the board
    Read or submit reviews of Lincoln, Hobart and Miller Welders atThe Welder Shop.

Default Overbuilt?

Never heard or seen such a word in the welding dictionary!
    Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
    mdwelding@sbcglobal.net

oh great just what we need .... a nother guy from dallas
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Quote Originally Posted by welderman23 View Post
    oh great just what we need .... a nother guy from dallas
    Oh yeah.......
    And don't be nice to him either.
    I work with the rascal, and if everybody is nice to him,
    he'll get spoiled, all shot full of sass, and start thinking he's as good as anybody.
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 04-22-2008 at 02:43 AM.
    "Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Oh yeah.......
    And don't be nice to him either.
    I work with the rascal, and if everybody is nice to him,
    he'll get spoiled, all shot full of sas, and start thinking he's as good as anybody.

Ed is jealous because I can lay down a better bead than he

Ed is jealous because I can lay down a better bead than he
    Well,,,,,,,,, yeah,,,,,,,, that is basicly true.

Let us not also forget that old age, and treachery,
    shall overcome youth, and skill,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,,,,,every time the theory is tested.

///////////

Young apprentice----

As I've told you before;
    I love this game,,,,,,,,,, and was a expert at it---
    many, many years before you were even born.

Not that I mind you 'squatting' in my shop.... whenever I can escape,
    But hey, I can't help but ask..........
    What ever happened to that quart of Laquer Thinner I poured over all them
    paper towels, after ya said,
    "Yeah, I'll be doing some welding in there this weekend,,,,,,,,,,"?
    And, somehow,
    the trash can was within REAL!!! easy reach of them 'splatter ba&&s coming off the bench?

I never ran the numbers,
    But I guestimated,
    the flame height would be about about 7 feet when the third one hit.....

Har, har, har,,,,,,,, made your eyes get big,,,, didn't it?

---I never got a chance to ask,
    'what made ya come out from under the hood,,,,,,,,,
    The heat climbing up your back, as you're 'buzzing' away,,,,,,
    or---
    was it the reflection on the inside the hood from the fire itself?'

Last edited by Winger Ed.; 04-22-2008 at 02:51 AM.
    "Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Nice work on the build. I suppose that type of apparatus comes in handy for a guy whose back used to throw safes around. BTW... just a tip... I suggest you not wear those shoes, if you commit any crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodhand View Post
    Nice work on the build. I suppose that type of apparatus comes in handy for a guy whose back used to throw safes around. BTW... just a tip... I suggest you not wear those shoes, if you commit any crimes.
    I competitively powerlift now. I have squatted 926#, benched 534 and deadlifted 672 at a bodyweight of 242. Always a good time. Lots of welding opportunities around a gym