Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Log hauler attachment

I built a backhoe attachment for the track loader. Then I added forks so I could pick up logs. Works pretty good. My son took a video this afternoon of it in operation.

http://media.putfile.com/track-Loader-tree-attachment

GOSH THAT IS AWSOME!!! lol.........firewood for a year???!!!!
    lol........now you can make a side business!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Yup. After this years heating bills, the fireplace will run as much as possible next season.

I usually just walk behind it, but the logs are wet & heavy so I dropped the engine access door and stood on it for counterweight. The little track loader works great for me. I use it to install signs mainly. Being a walk behind I'm not constantly getting on & off. Very handy. I call it the hydraulic shovel.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Head View Post
    That is a slick unit! I’ve seen them in the rental yards but never used one. Are they hard to stay on? They really do move don’t they? Couple times looks like you got light in the a$$ end, might what to consider a beer and banana diet. Or just forget the bananas and double up on the beer!

Around here your “forks” are called mechanical thumbs. None the less, fantastic job!
    yeah, I was going to suggest some kind of chain or strap to wrap around him like we use on the lift, so it doesn't buck his butt off!!! That thing has so much power/torque, why can't you put about 200 lbs of weight on it instead?
    I'm not late...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Head View Post
    That is a slick unit! I’ve seen them in the rental yards but never used one. Are they hard to stay on? They really do move don’t they? Couple times looks like you got light in the a$$ end, might what to consider a beer and banana diet. Or just forget the bananas and double up on the beer!

Around here your “forks” are called mechanical thumbs. None the less, fantastic job!
    yeah, I was going to suggest some kind of chain or strap to wrap around him like we use on the lift, so it doesn't buck his butt off!!! That thing has so much power/torque, why can't you put about 200 lbs of weight on it instead?you got a homemade logsplitter too?
    I'm not late...