Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default choices choices

eeni meeni miney moe, catcha welder by the toe
    if he hollars...
    CUT THE LEATHER OFF HIS BOOTS AND WELD HIM TO THE STEEL!

Y;know I think im going to have to get or try to get this machine of mine fixed first.

syncro 200- $1900 cnd and change
    Dynasty 200 $3700 plus extras and change
    TA300 the ultimate sell up i suspect is +/- $8000. and accesories.. Right?
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

I would talk to Cruizer on the TA stuff...He's on yer side of the border and knows his stuff. (I think)
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

I've had people mention to me by pm that Cruizer knows his stuff, but I believe that (Signwave) the Dynasty 200dx will fit the bill of what you want...
    Not 1/4" stuff very often, more adjustable to suit your flavor, and the price isn't that far off...However, the TA is a BIG price jump if that's what it cost in your area...Your $3,700 + consumables and other stuff, those cons. and other stuff is what you pay for anyway with ANY welder....
    Hope you get your Sync 200 fixed though.....you know what to do if you have problems.....
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Maybe it would be cheaper to move
    LOL!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Maybe it would be cheaper to move
    Take in consideration the value of a dollar, the real-estate market the exchange rate. You might be right.
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

If the arc really dances around, it may be as simple as too much gas flow. Just did a service call on a unit where the operator jacked the flow meter to the limits and was wondering why his work piece was overly black and his weld was severely erratic. Moral of the story is too much gas is equally as bad as too little. As well as, if the gas is too high your not going to see any changes to your arc in the balance mode. Just a thought....

Without being able to put a scope on your machine, it is unlikely for me to give you any other answers as to why your machine isn't doing what its supposed to.

Might want to check your line power if you are in an industrial shop, most guys supposedly running 230 are'nt. If you check it and say it's 200, or 208, might want to reset the machines power to that voltage if it's capable of connecting to that power. If your running in your garage, its already at 230.
    Last edited by cruizer; 04-22-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Default something smells

Hi Cruizer,
    Thanks for your thoughts. Im all over that stuff like stink on a monkey. I agreee with your suggestions regarding the use of an oscilloscope. The one tool I should have but keep forgeting to get because its so esoteric.. maybe one day I'll luck out and get one thats good for megahertz and start creating anti gravity machines....
    Cheers!
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! If he finds that TA300 close to what the Dyn200dx costs, I will DEFINATELY fly up there to kick his @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wouldn't THAT be something huh????
    good tip though!!! lol........
    You would die of hypothermya before you where even completly off the plane!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
    You would die of hypothermya before you where even completly off the plane!!!
    nah, 4 years in Germany with windchill below 0 degrees.....this Hawaiian can handle the cold!!!
    I'm not late...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    nah, 4 years in Germany with windchill below 0 degrees.....this Hawaiian can handle the cold!!!
    What did you do? Fatten up on chocolate first?