Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I have a near-new Syncrowave 200 that has been converted to liquid-cooling with a Bernard 3500ss unit and liquid-cooled torch. It will do 1/4 " alluminum quite easily by going slowly at first and letting the heat build up or you can pre-heat.

You complain of unstable arc and a counter that resets. Both of those are warranty issues. I think I recall that you posted about this same problem before. I would get warranty repair immediately. I supect a failed circuit board.

My counter shows hours used and records each arc start with no resets.

Let us know what your Miller warranty shop says.

Default Thanks Syncro

Yep same problem. just wonderin if theres more to my problem than the counter and I think there is. So im going to take this POS machine in shortly. I have no one to help me load the dam thing into the truck... So its a little bit of a challenge for one guy. I guess I'll have to use a comealong and some creative engineering... Sigh.. Why do I seem to get all the lemons?
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

yep, upgrade to a water cooled torch and it will increase the amount of welding you can do.

at the union school i took a part in to get welded. he had the older 180 sync with watercooled torch. 1/4 al was not an issue at all. we even had to build up a spot on a small engine/tranny case. he welded for about 8 minutes straight with no problem.

Signwave,
    Well, SOMEONE had to get the lemons, so WE can get the good ones
    sorry, just itching to say that!!!!!! THIS will prove if your LWS lives up to the ones compared to others on this fourm that have posted how well their LWS bends over backwards for them!!!
    I would use a comalong to your roof, strap up your syncro and haul it up, suspend in midar, then drive your truck back to it. I have to do this with my MM251 if I ever have to move it. I rather do that than ask "friends" to help me. Then they would think I have to build a truckrack for them for free for helping me do that.....Buy a Dyanasty 200dx, and you won't have that problem anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND if you have to use the 200dx to a clients house, be much easier to plut it into their 110 outlet, or make a pigtail to use their 220v 30amp dryer plug, or 220v 50am range plug. Overall, just much easier to move it around!!! Besides, having adjustable waveforms and such
    Good luck and tell us how they treat you!!!
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Dyna$ty

Id looooove to get a dynasty, but the price...

Bert dont tempt me so... Uhg, I going to suffer from welding withdrawl or something... If I remember right a dynasty is about $7K in canada. Thats 50 bucks for the welder and 6950 for the friken governemnt..
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post

Bert dont tempt me so... Uhg, I going to suffer from welding withdrawl or something... If I remember right a dynasty is about $7K in canada. Thats 50 bucks for the welder and 6950 for the friken governemnt..
    Just start looking for one...don't let up and leave no stone unturned. You live in a big country and there are deals there also.
    Or you could just put us to shame and get that new TA 300
    And then also TA makes a 200 now instead of a 185.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Just start looking for one...don't let up and leave no stone unturned. You live in a big country and there are deals there also.
    Or you could just put us to shame and get that new TA 300
    And then also TA makes a 200 now instead of a 185.
    NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!! If he finds that TA300 close to what the Dyn200dx costs, I will DEFINATELY fly up there to kick his @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wouldn't THAT be something huh????
    good tip though!!! lol........
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Too busy!

Looks like you have it figured out. But I did talk with the guys in the shop the other day and they said it sounded as if your board needs to be re-programed or replaced. The idea of converting to a water cooled gun is a good idea. I'm not much into tig and leave that up to the guys, but they prefer our Esab Heliarc 352 over all our Miller tigs (Syncro 200/250 and Maxstar 350). I don't know why we have a 352 (way too much juice for what we do) nor do I know their reason for preference. I'm kind of old school and am still sold on a transformer power source. I am still convinced it is more solid, stable and reliable than the inverters. Anyway, get that thing fixed it's a great machine when working right.

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post

Maybe it would be cheaper to move
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Default What?

Been REAL busy! Looks like I'm missing out on something here?

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters