Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Here we go again

I'm sure most of you guys remember that Grand Marquis on 44's that I worked on a while back, well the kid that owns it struck again.

He bought a 19" Keywest boat and brings it to me to go over it for him and tune it up and do some maintenance work.

Well, It's here now and what a POS he once again spent money on. He never heard it run, but the guy said it ran good the last time he used it about 2 years ago. You'll never guess what I found out with in minutes of it being here. That's right, it's locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

He asked if I could rebuild it and my answer was "Nope, Not a chance"

They scary part of this story is that he bought this boat from somebody down in West Palm Beach, about 45 minutes down the Interstate from me and said he was running about 75 0r 80 all the way and never knew the boat was behind him.

I looked at the trailer and proceeded to tell him what kind of a friggin idiot he is and should have himself clipped to prevent any further loss from the family gene pool.

It has only one spring hanger holding the axle in place, everything else is rotted away. He was very lucky that it did not come apart going down I-95 and kill someone.

Here's a few pictures for your viewing pleasures. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Default boat trailer pics

Enjoy these as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Looks like that trailer lived on the ramp, partially submerged.

You definately get all the good ones; he may ask if you can plasma his jewels for him.
    WOW, maybe you should have him buy you a lottery ticket as he is one lucky SOB!
    Millermatic 210

Default Errrrr.

Time to take out your recipe book and make this pile of sh!+ smell good again.

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Dave, I can't see how the original owner got that big @$$ engine on a 19" boat!!! It's funny how your friend and the guy who's trailer I showed you last night must be father and son! Same mindset!!!

tacmig...funny

Well as Forest Gump said: Stupid is as Stupid does...I'd send him a box of candy for the DUMB @SS award, but he didn't learn, so I aint wasting good chocolate!!!

Quote from the movie: RUN DAVID RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default chimps ahoy

My boat Is WAY Better than that pile. I wonder if the glass has any reverse osmosis going on.... I must admit though, in that one side shot, it does kinda look pretty good. But us boaters are llike first time deer hunters... If it looks remotely like a buck then it should be shot at irregardless.(darwin award material)

So if its a boat, Its probably still pretty good if it will still float....and hold ten of your beer drinking buddies..

reminds me of a boating rescue i did once... hehehehe..
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

That second set of pics is pretty bad...
    that sucks.

The boat itself looks like its in decent shape though.

Probably still floats.
    Read or submit reviews of Lincoln, Hobart and Miller Welders atThe Welder Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Well as Forest Gump said: Stupid is as Stupid does...I'd send him a box of candy for the DUMB @SS award, but he didn't learn, so I aint wasting good chocolate!!!
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post
    So if its a boat, Its probably still pretty good if it will still float....and hold ten of your beer drinking buddies..

reminds me of a boating rescue i did once... hehehehe..
    i did a boat rescue before .
    we had our cooler tied off and thrown in the water because of game warden/cops on the lake, and dum dum was a no knot tying mother f**ker
    so he put it back in the and heard a klunk and saw the rope floating .so i dive in and start looking for beer. and i found it..... on the bottom of course
    i was the hero of the day
    i just had to save the precious aluminum
    true story.

for more of my redneck ramblings check out
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/communities/
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

I'll remember to put all my beers in floating can holders as not to have a rescue on Lake Michigan (deep in spots!-)
    Millermatic 210