Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Update! Finally Painted!

After a long idle winter due to work and other obligations, I finally got around to sandblasting, priming and painting my chop saw stand.

- Millermatic DVI2
    - Victor Super Range II O/A Torch
    - Milwaukee Dry Cut Chop Saw
    - Milwaukee Super Magnum 4.5" Grinder
    - Compact Bender w/ Scroll Attachment
    - Band/Ring Roller

I have been putting it to good use and I have used it to build my latest project - a cart for my oxy/acetylene torch & tanks which I will post shortly.

Regards to all!

Chad
    Last edited by chadjcyr; 08-10-2008 at 11:43 AM.
    - Millermatic DVI2
    - Band/Ring Roller

Like we said before, still VERY impressive
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

G'day Chad ,its good to see some blokes still have some brain's.Neat work .If you need a job and your in oz give me a call .

D*mn fine work Chad. I've been looking for ideas to build a chop saw stand for myself, and I think your design will fit the bill perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Last edited by Nightshift; 09-10-2008 at 08:50 PM.

First time seeing it. What a nice work set up. Miller even put it on there news letter. You should be proud. If that is you in the Avatar Thank you for your service.

James
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by yaknz View Post
    G'day Chad ,its good to see some blokes still have some brain's.Neat work .If you need a job and your in oz give me a call .
    Thanks for the offer I have always wanted to go to Austrailia, however if I ever do make down under, I think it will be a vacation from work.

Cheers!
    Chad
    - Millermatic DVI2
    - Band/Ring Roller

Quote Originally Posted by davedarragh View Post
    Great job Chad! I like the catch basket, mind if I use the idea? How do you like your DVI2? Almost bought one, got the 212 instead and kept my 140 for gates and stuff. Your welds and joinery are excellent! .030 or .035 wire?
    The catch basket works great and I encourage you to use the idea. I am thinking of adding a deflecting shield on the backside of it to prevent small cut metal pieces from occasionally whipping out the back. That way I don't have to run across the garage to retrieve the piece and it will keep whatever is behind the saw safe from "shrapnel" LOL

I love my DVI2 although I rarely ever use it with 115V; It is a totally different machine on 230V and works a whole lot better.

I am using .035 wire - Thanks for the compliment... I would like to think my welds are getting better with practice and each passing project. I have no formal MIG welding training although I did take an adult-ed class on SMAW. A buddy at my former job get me started with MIG and I just had to get a machine for home; I have been a metal fabricating fool ever since.

Regards,
    Chad
    Last edited by chadjcyr; 09-14-2008 at 10:32 AM.
    - Millermatic DVI2
    - Band/Ring Roller

Default Angles question

Chad,
    First of all let me say that that is some impressive work. I'm very new to welding and do it as a hobby, so I have difficulty determining the degrees on my angled cuts. How do you do this? I noticed a speed square and a red arrow looking gadget, is this what you used?
    Your response is appreciated and once again good job

Joe

Default what are the dementions of your kick-ass chopsaw stand

what are the dementions of your kick ass chop saw stand. im making a chopsaw stand of my own and im having trouble finding plans. where did u find the plans at?
    Last edited by JdDerek55; 01-22-2009 at 08:34 AM.