Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by welderman23 View Post
    looking good chad.its a good thing you got a long shop.
    how much does that thing weigh ????
    LOL... yes, it's nice to have a large garage (even though it is my dad's). Though space is still at a premium so anything I build has to collapse for easy storage and space saving when not in use. As to how much it weighs? I have no clue since I am not man enough to lift it! Haha

Thanks to everyone for your praises - I hope to have it all cleaned up and the sharp corners smoothed soon so I can prime and paint it BLUE!

- Chad
    - Millermatic DVI2
    - Victor Super Range II O/A Torch
    - Milwaukee Dry Cut Chop Saw
    - Milwaukee Super Magnum 4.5" Grinder
    - Compact Bender w/ Scroll Attachment
    - Band/Ring Roller

Great project !
    comes in handy for long tube projects.

Rich

Love the power of Blue
    Millermatic 200
    Sync 200
    Lots of Tools!

Nice work, i just finished i chop saw stand for my hobby shop. it does not telescope. I have the room for a perement one. I also weld four to five days a week. After my real gob and on the weekends.

I have a question on the compact bender that you mentioned. I am looking for the specifications on what type of material in can handle. I have heard of these just do not know where to look for one at. Also is it a tool that if you broke it today would you order anoter tomorrow? Thanks for the answers in advance.

Default Nice!

Really nice project and great pics...

I really need to make a stand for my saw too... I never pulled the trigger cause I was not sure I wanted to make one specifically for my abrasive saw since I'd like a cold saw...

Maybe flat top is a good idea, i can swap out my chop saw for lumber too!

Keep up the great work.

John
    John

Thunderbolt AC/DC
    MM 175
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Blue Star 185 DX
    Spectrum 375

Wow, very well thought out, and nicely executed.

Very nice work. Thanks for the construction photos! At first I couldn't understand how the roller stands would work, but it made sense onece I saw the build photos.

What size sq tubes did you use for the side extensions? I love that they all nest together! I need to build a chop saw table for my miter saw for work and that looks like a better idea for long lengths of molding than any I have seen so far. Any idea what you've got in it in materials?

Very nice.
    Jeff

Looks good. Should be real handy.
    Webb's Welding and Repair LLC
    MM210 w/a 3035 spoolgun
    Syncrowave 250
    Spectrum 625
    Trialbazer 302 w/HF
    http://webbsweldingandrepair.com/home

Nice project. I haven't done anything like this because I already have a "good enough" solutiion - I adapted my dry saw to a miter saw stand and made it pivot on a piece of plywood.

My next saw is going to be a KAMA mitering horiz. bandsaw and it has a cabinet so I'll need a roller-bench solution instead.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

Chad, great job, and GREAT pics!!! But: (lol), can you describe how you made the table turn? I see a bolt in the middle of it, washer in-between to swivel??? and how do you lock it down when you have the angle you want?
    thanks
    Last edited by Bert; 04-07-2008 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time