Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Can't go wrong here either!

I still vote for the Dynasty 200 DX.
    If you need to weld thicker stuff the power it has to produce a puddle at 200 amps and 250 hz is no less than amazing to me.
    If you ever had a project that you needed to weld thicker material than it can handle then you can go to a helium mix and it will weld much hotter.
    Same with the TA machine or any of those mentioned as well.
    I buy Miller because that is what I can get service and parts for. Plus I think they are all around the worlds best welders And they are made in the good ole USA
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    If you need to weld thicker stuff the power it has to produce a puddle at 200 amps and 250 hz is no less than amazing to me.
    If you ever had a project that you needed to weld thicker material than it can handle then you can go to a helium mix and it will weld much hotter.
    Same with the TA machine or any of those mentioned as well.
    I buy Miller because that is what I can get service and parts for. Plus I think they are all around the worlds best welders And they are made in the good ole USA
    Amen! USA! USA! USA!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by kcstott View Post
    Dynasty if you want to run it on low amps or syncro if you want to save a few bucks but will spend it on getting power to the welder.
    honestly, they are two different animals, the Synchro's being squarewave tranny's don't have anywhere near the adjustability that the inverted Dynasty offers, this is important when working with Al. a 200 inverted will out weld a 250 tranny on Al. as evidenced here:

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post

Yeah but at 1K more that's why i offer the syncro. Like I said if you have the money get the Dynasty 200DX but if you need to save some bucks go with the syncro 200 it will still weld aluminum but as stated it won't be as user friendly.
    If I had to do it over again I'd just save some more money and get the 200DX
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Heck if I had the money, I would have gotten the 350 !!! But since it would be YEARS to save up $4,000 more, I wanted a tig machine now!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Heck if I had the money, I would have gotten the 350 !!! But since it would be YEARS to save up $4,000 more, I wanted a tig machine now!!!
    exactly my point. I'd have to hit the lotto or rob a bank to get that kind of money
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

Default Dynasty 200DX

It looks like from the response that the Dynasty 200 DX is the most popular. I noticed that there was a really good deal on a Thermal Arc Arcmaster 200 at around $2200 and the Dynasty at about $2600. Is the dynasty worth the $400 more?

Thanks again for all of the input.

Jim

P.S. Is anyone interested in a Maxstar 200 STR?

Quote Originally Posted by modela View Post
    It looks like from the response that the Dynasty 200 DX is the most popular. I noticed that there was a really good deal on a Thermal Arc Arcmaster 200 at around $2200 and the Dynasty at about $2600. Is the dynasty worth the $400 more?

Thanks again for all of the input.

Jim

P.S. Is anyone interested in a Maxstar 200 STR?
    But with the Accessories yer looking at:

TA200 $2,237.00

200dx $ 3,343.77

so the Dx isn't really just 400.00 more

Default Additional cost

You are right. You really have to watch those things. The question then is the 200DX worth it?

Jim

I sure couldn't tell you if it's worth it. When I bought my Dynasty last fall I don't guess I even knew TA HAD a 200 out...all I ever saw was 185's.
    I will say in a pinch which I get in fairly often I use every bit of juice my Dynasty has got...200 amps and 250 hz and have used it there for SEVERAL minutes untill the part got enuff heat built in to back down. I have welded in the middle of the bottom of workboats with 1/4" thick hulls with a bulkhead t'eed right off from there above where I was welding and It performed FLAWLESSLY.
    It does so well I am starting to think about ending my mobile welding and just stay in the shop except for my very favorite customers. I am sick of seeing customers check out my stuff and then go get a machine for themselves Just seeing that little box kick@$$ so hard makes a lot of people just sure as heck they can lay down a bead like me.
    What's even stupider LWS sells them a syncrowave after that because that's what they are pushing...they say I'm the only guy using a 200 Dynasty THEY know
    If you do get the TA just remember this is a MILLER board and you will still ALWAYS wonder if you would have been better off investing in a USA made product of superior quality and will more than likely have welder envy...if you don't believe me just read about 1000 of Fun-for-now's posts!!!!
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX