Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new project

how long is your run time with a brushless motor? i know battery type will affect it.is there anything else?
    07 f350 duallie w/deck
    07 tb302d
    2011 big blue pro 300 cat
    victor torch
    matthey beveler
    assorted hand tools

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeard's welding View Post
    signwave, everthought about 1/5 scale?? i would love one, but my 5yr old would be some upset if i got rid of "my dads monster truck"!
    No BB, Ive never considered 1/5th. I max out at 1/8th and then i have a gokart that needs an engine. Problem is that the engine is a liquid cooled 2stroke and its worth like 4300 bucks...uhg... I have to do some more work....make some coins...
    Ive been rc'ing for years. currently have a Trex450 sev2 heli, a biplane, a trainer and a p51 mustang. On the ground I have the two mgts and an old schumaker nitro storm (circa 1995). I have a boat hull too that was given to me years ago but never got it goin'. I prefer the real thing.

I guess this is as good a time as any to start the roll b ar process. Maybe we can swap ideas....

As for brushless motors, gearing will paluy a big part on how long batteries last... And if you r using lipo's BE CAREFULL. They can go spontanious combusiton just like that.. GOTO YOUTUBE and search out "LIPO" or lithium Ion... Its a "blast"
    Last edited by SignWave; 04-01-2008 at 04:02 PM.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Blackbeard, I think it runs off the battery...no fuel residue...
    NOPE ... it runs on nitro methane
    30 bucks a gallon
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Quote Originally Posted by SignWave View Post
    if you use brake line, remember its zinc coated... that might prove to be a nuisance when it comes time to weld it together... you'll have to grind the coating off for a good bond.
    i got acid or ill just do it like it is
    feel free to P/M me

Quote Originally Posted by welderman23 View Post
    NOPE ... it runs on nitro methane
    30 bucks a gallon
    REALLY??? HOLY CR@P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

COOL project!!!! Is it really $30 a gallon??????????????????

Inferno Forge

Chris

yes it is
    but a gallon will last me a while bcuz i dont have time to play

sign wave you got it right MGT 4.60
    just last sunday i bought a new high torque servo/ busted servo saver and i lost a screw from my rear diff to drive shaft
    these things are a pain in the @ss . i work on this thing more that my own tuck
    feel free to P/M me