Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks MO
    Posts
    3,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burninbriar View Post
    Took the words right from my fingers. I was thinking the exact same things when I was looking at the pics.
    Personally, I like the look of the scrolls bent by hand as opposed to a perfect looking scroll from a former. There is a word I'm thinking of but it escapes me right now, but it shows someone actually made it.
    I call it character

    www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

    Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Clark County, NV
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by burninbriar View Post
    ...There is a word I'm thinking of but it escapes me right now, but it shows someone actually made it.
    "je ne sais quoi"

    Literally...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    673

    Red face

    Sorry to be negative: BUT, remembering how my beloved pet slept 'upside down' there is TOO much chance of your dog sticking his head through the 'sideboards' and hanging itself. There is a reason for the 'crib rail width restrictions' on babies cribs. I loved my pet and would not take the chance. Fill the gaps so its head won't fit in the gaps.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

    Hobby weldor with a little training.

    Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

    Miller Syncrowave 250.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Actually, adding a metal panel to the inside on the sides and outside on the back wouldn't look bad and would be a lot safer for your dog.
    Miller Maxstar 200 DX
    RMLS-14 Momentary Hand Control
    Miller Syncrowave 180 SD
    Porter Cable 14" dry metal saw
    Hitachi 4.5" grinder
    http://mhayesdesign.com

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    335

    Default An idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    Sorry to be negative: BUT, remembering how my beloved pet slept 'upside down' there is TOO much chance of your dog sticking his head through the 'sideboards' and hanging itself. There is a reason for the 'crib rail width restrictions' on babies cribs. I loved my pet and would not take the chance. Fill the gaps so its head won't fit in the gaps.
    Actually, this is very nice and without a doubt ranks right up there. However I noticed a more serious flaw that could perhaps be of more danger than the little fury fella hanging himself. NO BEER HOLDERS! So perhaps the beer holders could be incorporated into your "close the gap" suggestion to avoid the dogs noodle from breeching the side and all the while be enjoying a cool frosty one.

    Just a suggestion, love both the dog and bed!

    TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

    We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

    Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    Actually, this is very nice and without a doubt ranks right up there. However I noticed a more serious flaw that could perhaps be of more danger than the little fury fella hanging himself. NO BEER HOLDERS! So perhaps the beer holders could be incorporated into your "close the gap" suggestion to avoid the dogs noodle from breeching the side and all the while be enjoying a cool frosty one.

    Just a suggestion, love both the dog and bed!

    TacMig
    Ugh...no...YOU love BEER!!!!
    as monte python said....
    beer, beer, beer, beer....
    Last edited by Bert; 04-01-2008 at 02:48 AM. Reason: grammer
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    335

    Default Actually.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Ugh...no...YOU love BEER!!!!
    as monte python said....
    beer, beer, beer, beer....
    Actually, I don't drink...Never have..high school and college was a tad partial to dried flower buds every once in a while. Even that's been 20 years. Maybe that's my problem? It's been to long?

    TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

    We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

    Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    Actually, I don't drink...Never have..high school and college was a tad partial to dried flower buds every once in a while. Even that's been 20 years. Maybe that's my problem? It's been to long?

    TacMig
    I was going to joke and say "Dried flower buds?" should try the stuff WE have over here!!! Then I realized that's what you were talking about!!!
    Been over 30 years for me...but that's ok..I didn't inhale!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    ..I didn't inhale!!!
    I didn't exhale...............for as long as I could hold it and then it was often along with an oddly happy kind of coughing fit while loading up the next hit in the b**g, but that was a very long time ago.
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NJ (central)
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Many is the times when I member sacrifising a malboro or luckystrike for their skins cos their was none to be had, but that too was along time ago

    Nice work for sure, Pooch looks mighty happy on it
    traded the MM180 in for a MM212
    lots room here for more machines like, a Plasma cutter oooohh yeah!
    tinkerer with many talents,master of none

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.