Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here another control arm is being welded.
    A front clip with the control arm in it's location.
    A main cage after it's been welded on the jig, it gets flipped to weld some on the bottom that can't be reached on the fixture and then the top hoop cross bar gets welded in.

A
    Attached Images Attached Images

ANDY...THANKS!!!!!! Those welds are...INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I like the guy welding the exhaust with shorts on
    Did you notice, I think it was the control arm, when they are making long beads like that, are they starting and stopping? or just 1 straight run?
    thanks again for the pics!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Thanks Andy: I know you have a wicked schedule so I appreciate your time & the excellent pics. Awsome welds & nice you could take the time to show us a bit of what you see everyday. Another question if you get a spare minute. Do you follow the teams to every track or just to their main shops. Thanks again & enjoy some family time.

Thumbs up OH yes

The color of the rainbow
    OUTSTANDING WELDS, AND PICTURES..GOOD LOOKIN OUT ANDY
    MORE MORE MORE

Metal Dr.

I do both. I do about 22 race events/yr plus shows and special events like SEMA, EAA, Performance Race Industry shows.
    Since I'm based out of Charlotte, being at the shops is not that far out of the way for me. About 80% of the race teams I work with are based within 2hrs from here.

Glad you like the shots.
    We'll get some more soon.

Andy

I was wondering what gage the material is in this picture. Also, I can't make out what part it is but it looks pretty intricate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

That pic is a part of the front crossmember/motormount area and the main frame part that you see here is .120 wall.

A

These pics show a trend I've been seeing in that welds are getting
    smaller. Seemed to start seeing it more and more that people
    are using really tiny beads. I know that most apps are "overwelded"
    but still it looks a little extreme sometimes.
    Andy or anybody else have comments on this "trend"
    if it actually is one?
    Dave P.

Quote Originally Posted by FM117 View Post
    These pics show a trend I've been seeing in that welds are getting
    smaller. Seemed to start seeing it more and more that people
    are using really tiny beads. I know that most apps are "overwelded"
    but still it looks a little extreme sometimes.
    Andy or anybody else have comments on this "trend"
    if it actually is one?
    Dave P.
    I'm not in this line of work, but they stress the same thing in process pipe welding, and I would guess because of the HAZ.

Looks like the roll cages are mig welded and all the critical front end and and other "hook" up points, don't know the proper terms, are pulse/tig arc, hence the smaller/thinner welds, is this correct?

Nice "jigs" to. Man, you've got a ton of money tied up in the aluminum jigs alone!
    pull-do

Andy,

What do the teams do with the equipment that you switch out for them. Do the teams lease the machines from Miller or buy them. I know you said you were switching out equipment for teams right now. I know they need the latest machines. Do you all auction them off to the public or how does that work? i would like to see about possibly buying one of those used machines. I know they have some use but they look well cared for.

Thanks,

Tau