Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Skills USA welding competition.

i was wondering if any one else competed in this welding competition in any other states. Im 17 and have been welding for 2 years, and placed 10th out of 80 in Arizona.

I almost got to go to regionals in Ohio.

just wanted to say welcome.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

thanks. i placed 2nd in regionals out of 40, it is alot of fun beating the other second year students at my trade school, with me being a first year student

I competed in three BC provincial competitions back in the 90's. One which led me to the USSO VICA competiton in Kansas MO, some time around 95', which I placed 22 out of 58, and another which was the Canadian Nationals held in Montreal Canada 96', which I placed 2nd. A good friend of mine made it to the world competitions held in Switzerland the same year as the nationals in Montreal.
    Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
    Esab PCM 1000

Congratulations on the competetion. My son just competed in Maryland state skills USA for HVAC and finished second. It was his first time there and he brought home a bunch of tools, snap-on screwdrivers, aviation [tin] snips, vise grips, uni-bits etc. A whole bag full. Probably about $500.00 worth. Pretty nice . And a $3000 scholarship to a trade school in conneticut. Maybe next year he can win. I think all the trade competitions are great
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

I was going to compete at AZ state, but then ended up doing the teamworks carpentry!

no but i have heard of it my brother went to it for auto service and went to state and almost made it to nationals but placed to low. nice job

thanks, i had a great time, and im hoping that i can place top three next year after another year in the welding booth.