Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default mild steel welded to chromoly

Okay. i am building a mini dune buggy. I want to make the frame out of chromoly. I am having all the mounts for steering, engine mounting, and suspension all laser cut from 1/4 inch mild steel plate.

Id like some opinions on how well mild steel will weld to the chromoly tubing. What filler rod should be used? and should it be heat stressed?

Shawn

What was wrong with the info in the other thread?

Nothing that i can see.The info was correct
    Maybe he felt that this was the correct forum to ask a Motorsports Question.

No need to preheat ,when doing this.
    we do it it all the time.

Rich

Love the power of Blue
    Millermatic 200
    Sync 200
    Lots of Tools!

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.