Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad day...

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

Default Bad day...

Hey guys this is a little off topic but hey you guys seem to always leave me with something different to think about. I went out with the girlfriend swimming today and hid my keys with in my clothing and came backt o relaize they were taken. Somone actually went around a group that works at the pool and took my things without being spotted. They left my keys in the ignition and stole my wallet $20 my Id and personal information along with my cellphone. But most of all my tickets I got from my welding program this year it wasnt a plesent situation Im still trying to figure out what to do about getting all my tickets back. They may have only been my forklift CPR first aid and whimis and power actuated tools but still how do I have proof that I actually am qualified with all of these courses without the tickets to proove it should my program instructer be able to get me all my tickets back again since they are all on file? Hopefully the police can help get all my things back it jsut makes me upset to think how messed up our world really is and something like that can actually happen.... I hope I never find the person who did it because I knwo they may be eating out of a straw for a while......
    Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

Ryan, very sorry to hear about your misfortune. Unfortunately there are creeps out there that think everything is theirs and we owe them a living. I take it that you did notify the police and all other agencies, credit cards, licensing department, cell phone, etc.

Your instructor or the school you went to should have everything on file on what you are credited in. They will be able to issue you new cards, maybe not the same day, they have policies for this kind of thing so just go into the office and explain the situation. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out.

Good luck working with the police, I hope they catch the bum. Let us know how you make out.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Quote Originally Posted by youngwelder_154
    I went out with the girlfriend swimming today and hid my keys with in my clothing and came back to realize they were taken.

Well Ryan, first things first:

What in Blue Heck are you doing skinny-dipping with your girlfriend at this time of year??? Sure, the headlights on high-beam are NICE, but DUDE, ever hear of shrinkage for yourself???? Poor buggar strutting your stuff - looking like you're hung like a Budgee!!!.

Hey, you said you wanted to feel better! Hope that helped.

Seriously now.... It is very unfortunate that stuff like that has to happen. Even when it is more of an inconvenience than anthing, it still is unneccessary. If your tickets are on file, you should be fine. Cancel your credit cards, SIN, and cell phone etc to help prevent identity theft and running up a HUGE bill (cell phone)

All in all it's a pain in the butt... but if you recieved several piercings "for fun" this will be a cake walk.

Keep your chin up young feller.

On a side note - If my wife has her way, I'll be back on the island for a week or so again this summer. I'll keep you posted.

Hey, did you ever make it over to Linkletter's in Central Bedeque to check out the welds on their trailers???
    Last edited by Black Wolf; 03-30-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.

Default So is life..

I think we have all been in your shoes at one time or another. If $20.00 bucks, a few cert tickets and your cell phone are all that were lifted, take a deep breath and chock it up as a lesson learned. No one got hurt, the items can be replaced. Heck I might have gone through what you experienced just to check out the headlights.. The thing that bothers me a bit, is that someone rifled through your stuff as if they were watching you prior to the crime. This creepy crap gets to me so always be aware of your surroundings and most importantly protect that which can not be replaced YOU.

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    The thing that bothers me a bit, is that someone rifled through your stuff as if they were watching you prior to the crime. This creepy crap gets to me so always be aware of your surroundings and most importantly protect that which can not be replaced YOU.

TacMig
    If the idiot is dumb enough to use your phone, there will be record of the numbers he / she / it called. that may or may not happen (use your phone that is) but if it does, you have a lead.

I had a guy steal all my camera gear from my car one day.He also took my G/F's cel and used it. When we go tthe bill, there was the number.I traced the number using a 411 reverse directory WWW.com page back to the skidly part of town, but never found the guy. I Did , but I didnt do anythin about it. I wanted to take him for a boat ride if you know what i mean. I have a few cinder blocks in the back yard to get rid of...along with a feww hundred feet of rope. Anyway, what comes around goes around and they'll get theirs. You wont ever see it happen but you can rest assured it will . Sorry for your loss dude.
    Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
    Syncro200
    Spectrum 625
    O/A
    Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
    Standard modern lathe
    Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
    horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
    Roland XC540 PRO III
    54" laminator
    hammer and screwdriver (most used)
    little dog
    pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Thanks guys I know Karma will come back at them someday. I just know now that I nee to watch what I do and just deal with what happend and take it and run with it, its going to take more them my cell phone to get me worried . Thats good news Black Wolf that you maybe coming back to the island, But no I havent made a trip up there yet I have been busey with school and work School is done on May 16

Ryan

tacmig, now why you gonna check out his girlfriend's headlight???!!!
    Hey buddy, hope you got your police report, 1st thing the cell phone people or others, may be to get a copy of it, so they can verify that your aren't lying and skipping away from paying the bill....
    I had my car broken into while diving, and took a package. Looked a 100 yards down and found it in the bushes. Guess it wasn't of intrest to them...Look in the garbage can in the area and whatnot...
    good luck buddy....
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

They left my keys in the ignition
    i would have to say you got off easy. lesson learned without too much pain. if he had kept the keys you and every one you live with would have to be making new ones , buying new locks and so on. not to mention the car was still there to drive home in. $20 well spent man.
    don't get me wrong, it really sucks and i'm sorry you had to go threw it. but in all fairness, you got off easy. probably some punk kid in the area looking for $ . as said your ID and stuff are probably in the bushes or nearest trash can, although some are stupid enough to hang onto that stuff to show off to there friends.
    take the proper action to kill the C.cards and be happy thats all ya had to deal with.

Well Ryan, first things first:

What in Blue Heck are you doing skinny-dipping with your girlfriend at this time of year??? Sure, the headlights on high-beam are NICE, but DUDE, ever hear of shrinkage for yourself???? Poor buggar strutting your stuff - looking like you're hung like a Budgee!!!.

Hey, you said you wanted to feel better! Hope that helped.

LOL well done.

Bert tacmig, now why you gonna check out his girlfriend's headlight???!!!
    have you seen his girlfriend's headlight's ? if you had you might not be asking that question. all headlight's in public places are subject to viewing by all. why you think bathing suits keep getting smaller.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Gosh bro, that sucks.
    Glad ya didn't lose the car & your clothes along with the other stuff!

But on the certs.:
    Just ask the school to give you another copy.
    It can't cost more than a couple bucks, and they'll have a record of you-
    just like High School transcripts.

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Ya I talked to my teacher and they are going to reprint all my certs I got, Bert my cellphone is now flagged and I have a new one. My girlfriend was good enough to give me another phone But im not to worried about the guy that broke in Karma is a B*tch and I do know hes going to get whats coming to him or her

Ryan