Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    turbo38t Guest

It replaces the SWAT team tools. I took the constructive criticism with a grain of salt and that's ok. I just hate pessimism. I'll mention the liability stuff to them. I guess there will always be haters. One of the founders is a fulltime cop and SWAT team member while another is a fulltime sheriff's deputy and SWAT member and the third is an investor/lawyer. Like I said before, I am making some money off the first 100. It's been a fun jb but from here on out profits are theirs. I enjoyed making them and will be making some more prototypes for them soon. Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Business is good. My shop isn't even done yet and I'm swamped with work.

Last time I talked with a swat team member, they didn't drive cruisers.

I also don't see how you can replace the camera, computer, shotgun, snare for animals, cones, flares, fire extinguisher and some first aid stuff or anything you mentioned with your boot. That's simply a fallacious response to what I said. Now if you wanted to mention all the stuff in the 60lb bag that this is going to replace, I would welcome that as a viable retort.

Please don't insult us by saying this replaces a lock pic set. It replaces a hammer and a step stool at 500x the cost. There's no regard for the property either. A responsible cop who isn't in hot pursuit (is anyone on foot in hot pursuit going to lug a 24# boot out of the trunk first?) would be better off choosing a more specialized tool for the array of uses your customers video depicts.

A shotgun will breech a door with more speed than your boot. And as you mentioned, they already have one in the car and it's not an ongoing expense either.

I think you're more into this thing than you'd like to admit. Did they pay you up front?

I've been on a tactical unit for 19yrs and I really like your Jersey Boot!!! We use a homemade battering ram and call it the "Key" because it will open just about any door in town. We use 3 of them and use them daily mostly on search warrant services (used one just last night on a weed house). Door breaching is a science/there's a lot more to it than just breaking down a door. The Jersey Boot incorporates a lot more than just busting in a door, ripping hinges, knobs, padlocks, windows, doors that open in and doors that open out, your tool seems to cover most aspects of door breaching. Congradulations on this device. Please get a patent on this device and develop a good marketing technique. There are numerous tactical magazines out there and nearly every state has a tactical event at least once a year, most involve swat competitions. I developed a "flashbang pole" about 10yrs ago, now a similar device is available for sale.
    From someone who has been in the Swat business for a long long time-good job, I speak for a lot of hard working guys when I say thanks for making our job safer!!

That oughtta just about do it for the naysayers.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Default Ummmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by DDA52 View Post
    That oughtta just about do it for the naysayers.
    Assuming said "naysayers" believe everything they read and hear. Do you believe everything the NY Times writes?. I'm finding some of the recent posts more like advertising.

Only my 2 cents....

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

I don't read lib garbage and I don't advertise...so if you have something to say...spit it out.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Default errr.

I don't spit because I always get a hanger (every since I was a kid, peas me off!).

TacMig
    We depend On:

We belong to or support:
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    I don't spit TacMig
    A swallower...nice....you might not be half as bad as I originally though you were
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Default I don't feel . . .

I don't feel like I'm a "naysayer" by pointing out that a lot of the time we all have wonderful ideas, great inventions & products that serve a purpose.

But after working as an insurance adjuster and investigator for a while, which I have done, you tend to get cynical . . . people will sue you for anything.

By the way, thanks for the picture . . . . The claw on the front end looks very well made . . . .

Wish you good luck on future production . . . .

May I suggest also an internal sliding weight that could be locked inside your square tube. This would allow you to cut some of the weight elsewhere when not needed. Think of a reverse dent puller . . . .also insulate the handles in case you hit a "hot" wire . . . .

Are you "casting" the claw? or fabricating it?
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Default Oh man,

I was always told that I was blessed with a great sense of humor and patient with the challenged.

TacMig
    We depend On:

We belong to or support:
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by turbo38t View Post
    It replaces the SWAT team tools. Dave
    You devoted a whole sentence to items irrelevant to your customers product, and this is all you have to come back with when you dodge the question again?

List the items in the 65# bag this replaces. You had no trouble naming everything hanging off the dash in a cruiser and what's typically found in the trunk. What all does this tool replace?

C'mon, you have so much faith in the device, sell me on it...
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at