Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Oh I think it's an awsume tool. I can understand in an emergengy a few seconds matter and some of them could be simply going back to the truck and digging out more tools when this one will do it with nothing more than brute force.
    I had a freind who died while emergency workers were fumbling with their equipment.
    One thing for sure you certainly got some "varied" responses here
    Who gives a crap if you need 2...you have more than one cop anyway.
    I wish them all the success in the world ...I'll never need one myself but I hope they use it to clean up Iraq and on every terrorists head...or up their @$$es
    I'm sure they will get the video better and I realize that is more of a showing off place not an advertisement.
    You just have to make allowances for some people yuh know.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

wow i see we have a bunch shallow-minded people on this board. looks like a neat tool that should be perfectly capable of filling a little niche somewhere in law enforcement.
    miller dynasty 350
    miller spectrum 1000

Default Food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by ridesideways View Post
    wow i see we have a bunch shallow-minded people on this board. looks like a neat tool that should be perfectly capable of filling a little niche somewhere in law enforcement.
    I don't think anyone here has degraded the tool nor do I believe anybody has said that it's not "cool". Only constructive criticism and forethought have been applied here as well as its use for the "average person" looking for information on these boards for weekend projects and other projects that may be of more use "outside of military and police" applications which are with out debate used less frequent than the "average person" Had you taken the time to read and understand the content as well as the context "as written" of the replies you may have realized this. I do take issue with your personal attacks calling me and others shallow minded. I nor any other reply that I have read at any time stooped to your level of a personal attack by calling names and making comments that never existed. Now, if you return to the above posts and replies, I think that you may get a better understanding of the authors intent should you read them without bias. With this said I am no longer posting here and don't feel it necessary to defend a frivolous action nor do I feel it appropriate to bandie words and use this forum for any unnecessary dispute.

Happy welding,
    TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    Law enforcement does provide for man (most of the time anyway). With that said, there is a place, a need and a call for weapons of all types known to protect and defend. However, I don't (in my opinion) feel that these project boards are a good forum to create and share destructive devices. Just my 2 cents as mentioned earlier. I can still only give it a 1. Oh on "matter": (Had to brush up on my college physics a tad). Matter is in fact destroyed in a nuclear and/or atomic reaction, in that it's converted into energy and matter no longer exists. The fundamental law of physics is that matter in terms of energy can not be destroyed. This provides that you must have one or the other. However you can convert matter to energy and vise versa therefore, the destruction or elimination of one single element. It can be destroyed without displacing matter..

With the exception of the physical relation of matter, the fore-mentioned is just my opinion..

TacMig...
    Doesn't matter!

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    I don't think anyone here has degraded the tool nor do I believe anybody has said that it's not "cool". Only constructive criticism and forethought have been applied here as well as its use for the "average person" looking for information on these boards for weekend projects and other projects that may be of more use "outside of military and police" applications which are with out debate used less frequent than the "average person" Had you taken the time to read and understand the content as well as the context "as written" of the replies you may have realized this. I do take issue with your personal attacks calling me and others shallow minded. I nor any other reply that I have read at any time stooped to your level of a personal attack by calling names and making comments that never existed. Now, if you return to the above posts and replies, I think that you may get a better understanding of the authors intent should you read them without bias. With this said I am no longer posting here and don't feel it necessary to defend a frivolous action nor do I feel it appropriate to bandie words and use this forum for any unnecessary dispute.

Happy welding,
    TacMig
    How you know he's talking about You? I didn't see any mention of a name in his post

$650 a copy...

The video shows two guys smashing away at a windshield how is this better than a hammer? They also show them throwing the boot through car door windows. Ever used an automatic center punch? They pop side windows like nothing. They don't weigh 24lbs either and cost about 20 bucks.

I wish your customers the best of luck, but given the price point and how much other equipment which is equal to or more useful costs, this is a losing product.

I'm happy you got paid to make 100 of them. You did get paid up front right?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    They also show them throwing the boot through car door windows. Ever used an automatic center punch? They pop side windows like nothing. They don't weigh 24lbs either and cost about 20 bucks.
    You ever use an auto center punch on a car window with a guy on the other side pointing a gun @ you ..... if you'd like to stop by we could try it out....we can even use my truck....I'll set inside and you walk up and knock the window out...o.k.
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Hahahahahahahahahaha Thats funny Mike

Come on Jimmy take him up on his offer!

lets try to stay friendly can we. many things hit the market that make you wonder WTF and do well wile others you would expect to sell like crazy never move. we don't need to tear it apart, just be happy for a member that found a niche and wanted to share it with us all.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by 84ZMike View Post
    You ever use an auto center punch on a car window with a guy on the other side pointing a gun @ you ..... if you'd like to stop by we could try it out....we can even use my truck....I'll set inside and you walk up and knock the window out...o.k.
    If there is a cop on the other side with a gun pointing at the vehicles occupant this would indicate the end of a pursuit of some sorts or maybe to stop the person from leaving? Don't know just a guess. Using a battering ram or any other device for that matter doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'd simply block the car/truck, deflate the tires have a cup of coffee perhaps even indulge on some fresh bagels and wait for the putz to come out. Do you know the stats of injured/killed officers that act too aggressively to apprehend a suspect who could have simply just waited? I know that in some incidents where hostages may be a concern is a different issue and in these rare occasions professional judgment must be used to determine if such force is necessary and consequences to the hostages, police etc., should the action fail.

Little grub for thought..??

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters